CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

starting to bug me

Old 04-02-2009, 09:01 AM   #61
KJUN
I love all the random chat in a post complaining about the random chats........lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by carol View Post
So many times people ask for help and opinions and you have to walk on eggshells making sure your response doesn't set them off.
What you just seem to have not learned yet is that most people don't want honest answers - they want you to tell them what they WANT to hear. They just want what they want to hear to be the truth, and the blame the answerer if it isn't. They don't want to hear "No, you can't keep your snakes together," and it is YOUR fault that you don't tell them that they can.

Be honest, how many women REALLY do want to hear the truth, "Yes, your butt does look fat in that, but don't bother changing because it isn't the dress that is the problem."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
I heard from someone that there was a movement about to mail a teabag to the IRS on April 15th...... Perhaps to signify a nationwide "Boston tea party".
There are tea parties all over the nation. Sounds like fun. Some have had over 60,000 people attend some already....and what have you heard about it on the news? Nada! I hope to find one close enough to attend, but it'll be hard since I teach on the 15th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
on stuff that most of us don't even agree needs to be funded anyway.
Don't you wish you could allocate what your own taxes went to fund? That way, if you believed in the military, you could put up to 100% of your taxes towards that. If you really DID want to give your hard earned money to those too lazy to work, then you could allocate your taxes to the welfare system. et cetera. Maybe that way the country would spend money the way the people really wanted it spent.

Old 04-02-2009, 01:55 PM   #62
RavenSpirit360
Hey, I am sorry if I ever did anything that made you feell uncomfortable here.. And you are more than welcome to join our social group, 'The Escape Hatch'... Honestly the reason Alan and I started this one was because we missed how easy it was to talk to each other in the other two that got deleted. We started it at first with just me and him, then we invited the people who we talk to the most. WE dont plan on it getting too large because we would like to avoid a bit of the drama that happened in the other groups. But I kinda think we need some more people in there Its just a place where you can go and chit chat that is slower than chat, so you dont have to keep up.. And if you ever need to vent or anything, thats also what its there for. I know I did a lot of the flirting in the other room, I am sorry if it bothered you, I did I guess kinda let my personal feelings out too much There isnt much of that if any happening in this room though I am going to send you an invite, I hope you join us

Old 04-02-2009, 02:19 PM   #63
Nanci
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJUN View Post
Be honest, how many women REALLY do want to hear the truth, "Yes, your butt does look fat in that, but don't bother changing because it isn't the dress that is the problem."
I just read a joke yesterday, not sure if it was here or in my e-mail. A woman was standing in front of the mirror. "I feel terrible. My butt is fat, my hair is really gray, I'm sagging everywhere- honey, can't you say something to cheer me up?" Her husband replies "You have excellent eyesight!"

Old 04-02-2009, 02:20 PM   #64
snakewispera snr
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenSpirit360 View Post
Hey, I am sorry if I ever did anything that made you feell uncomfortable here.. And you are more than welcome to join our social group, 'The Escape Hatch'... Honestly the reason Alan and I started this one was because we missed how easy it was to talk to each other in the other two that got deleted. We started it at first with just me and him, then we invited the people who we talk to the most. WE dont plan on it getting too large because we would like to avoid a bit of the drama that happened in the other groups.
You can't take into account rogue members or loose cannons....
I know, as I had the same ideals..... LOL

Old 04-02-2009, 02:26 PM   #65
jazzgeek
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJUN View Post
I love all the random chat in a post complaining about the random chats........lol

Yeah, I love irony too.

Dale

Old 04-02-2009, 06:10 PM   #66
ghosthousecorns
Steph, thanks but I decided to respectfully decline, please don't take it as having anything against anybody it looked like nice members and all. TBH the real chat room is good enough for me when I feel like random chit chats, it is just too hard for me to go read through long posts and the social groups things are kind of the same, - this is part of why DYK gets me, I miss stuff because people post it there and then it gets covered up by two pages of stuff I don't want to sift through, so for example I had no idea susielea was feeling unwell (hope things are better sue!!) because it was in THAT thread, you know?
And yea the irony of random chat in my thread complaining about random threads didn't escape me. LOL

Old 04-02-2009, 08:26 PM   #67
tricksterpup
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthousecorns View Post
TBH the real chat room is good enough for me when I feel like random chit chats
and Jenn, we do enjoy your chats with us late at night..

Old 04-02-2009, 09:11 PM   #68
Jeff Linkchorst
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthousecorns View Post
TBH the real chat room is good enough for me when I feel like random chit chats

Jen
Sorry I missed you. I always enjoyed our chats. I also agree with Jim/Trickster

Old 04-03-2009, 01:33 AM   #69
RavenSpirit360
Oh well ok... I thought I'd offer anyway.. Our room luckily isnt too fast..
You know, I never read back through DYK anymore, there are too many pages that go by..
Well it wouldve been nice to have ya there, but I understand your viewpoint..

Old 04-05-2009, 10:57 PM   #70
kathylove
I just noticed this thread...

I think Rich is right - the economy and general mood in this country (and many others) is pretty bleak. We personally have a few friends / relatives who have lost their homes in foreclosure, or who probably will do so soon. I don't know anyone who, is doing just great right now, financially, and many have had their hours cut or lost, or might lose their job. And we need a new roof, and a new central A/C this year ourselves! I like to think that I am fairly optimistic, but even more, realistic. And right now, it is easy to be kept on edge as we all wonder where we are headed.

I am probably even more concerned about the pervasive government intrusions that seem to keep expanding every year, than I am about the economy itself, bad as it is. Sometimes these fears make me long for the "good ol' days". But then the realist in me takes over and I figure, what is, is - make the best of it. Some things, such as certain technology, medical and communication advances, etc, will be great. But those same communication advances may bring "Big Brother" to us, as well. A little late, but 1984 still seems to be approaching. So I can totally understand that people are on edge, and tend to become hostile more quickly than usual.

As far as relating it to this site, I think it is great to have so many different kinds of outlets here for our varied needs. I don't read the DYK thread, because I found it to be too much reading of unrelated topics to wade through. But I am really happy that it is there if others are finding a good place to release pent up feelings that need release. OTOH, I am enjoying the couple of social groups I belong to, which are also a pile of unrelated topics - so who knows what might appeal to whom?

Like Carol said (I think), I am fairly set in what I have found that works for me. Yet I still enjoy some experimentation, and have occasionally found ideas to try out on a thread here. But it is more likely that I will enjoy a totally non-corn, or even non-reptile related General Chit Chat. I enjoy a good debate about politics, religion, etc, with people I find interesting, and whom I can respect. And I like the fact that there are various, somewhat specialized, social groups so that people who wish to avoid certain topics likely to be found in some groups, can easily avoid them. It all fits in with my "live and let live" philosophy perfectly.

Wow! All of this just to say: Yes, I think there are some problems now and then, and it can be very frustrating. But that I think it may be less than that encountered elsewhere in both the real and virtual worlds. I think if one stops and puts it all in perspective, there will be some part of this site that each of us will find as a personal haven, and that is the part we should focus in on, while ignoring the rest. If you can think of it in those terms, I think the frustration may lessen.

Ok - I'll give the ol' fingers a rest now!

Love y'all - sending good thoughts your way!!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google