• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Moderator needed - apply within, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some really good names have been put in the mix. Can't wait to see who else puts their name in, or if the people nominated accept, so we can get to voting sometime after the 18th.

Good Luck to all!

Wayne
Wayne, I think you would be a great mod. I think I've even alluded to it in the past.

And I am very very (oh my goodness) very honored to have my name mentioned among so many excellent candidates.
My ego would love to bask in the praise for days, but realism prevails over vanity. I would love the opportunity to contribute in some measurable manner to the forum, but I really have no experience and don't consistently have the time I would like to have to do the excellent job I would certainly strive to do.

How kind of you all, after such a rotten week.

Wayne, I think you would be a great mod. I think I've even alluded to it in the past.

I'm very honored that you would consider that and for the kind word. I'm not saying that I haven't thought about it, but I wonder if I have paid my dues on this site, yet? I need to think more.

And I am very very (oh my goodness) very honored to have my name mentioned among so many excellent candidates.
My ego would love to bask in the praise for days, but realism prevails over vanity. I would love the opportunity to contribute in some measurable manner to the forum, but I really have no experience and don't consistently have the time I would like to have to do the excellent job I would certainly strive to do.

How kind of you all, after such a rotten week.

I was actually thinking of you, Eric, for this and I was going to PM you about it, but someone had beaten me to nominating you. I have so many reasons why I think you would be a great fit for the job, but that would include a tremendous amount of typing and doing "hen and pick" with one, non dominant hand, would take the weekend. ;)

Maybe Eric, just maybe, like me, you should think about it a little more, before deciding? :shrugs:

Wayne

I'd be happy to put my hand for nomination up too. I'd love Stephanie (Desert Animal) to be nominated, she ticks all the boxes as being the member I'd vote for.

I am honored that my name came up, ....but I don't think that I would be a good moderator. I have an irish temper, and I hold grudges wayyyy too long, plus I can see the power going to my head. Knowing me the way I do, I know I wouldnt get my vote!

I do love all the other choices though, and I was thinking Carol would also make a great candidate.

With all the other names that came up, I have no idea who I would vote for though.....that would be a really hard decision....

I bet the current three moderators spit their coffee when they saw my name being nominated. I think I am better suited to bending the rules that I would be to enforcing them.

I appreciate the nomination but I think it would be best if I declined.

I hope I am not out of line in commenting, since I haven't been here long, but everyone that has been mentioned so far seems to me to be a good candidate.

I'd love Stephanie (Desert Animal) to be nominated, she ticks all the boxes as being the member I'd vote for.

Back at you, Janine.

I think Nanci shows tremendous dedication to the site and an amazing willingness to be helpful on each and every thread. She can even argue without it sounding like she's arguing!

I think Janine is always measured, thoughtful, and well-spoken.

I strongly support the nomination of either (or both) of those people.

And though I appreciate that a few think I'm moderator material, I'm afraid I don't feel like I can make that much of a time/energetic commitment to the site right now.

I think J9 would make a great mod, she's never in any of the controversial threads throwing mud, she's educated and she make some excellent posts.... Plus she came fourth in the last poll for mod, so technically should of got it before Jeff ....
Nanci is a good call as well as she spends a lot of time here and she helps out a lot of people.....
And both of these are long standing members who we know will not be fly by night.....
They are settled in their life styles so know they can make the commitment to the site.....
All very valid points in picking a mod IMO...
On the other hand Snakemaster24 would love the gig..

that's funny Mike!!!:roflmao:
Well, as he knows, running a site is harder than it looks.... It's not all chatting with your mates and collecting rep points and getting at old enemys... It's more cleaning up threads, listening to reported posts and getting rid of spam.... Then there's the people who want to blow smoke up your ass to ingratiate them selves towards you... It's not all beer and skittles....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back