• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Raising Mice Repticon Savannah

Myca

I am thinking of raising my own mice. I am not real thrilled with the idea of Euthanasia. [Like a town in Hell] I have been watching YouTube videos and Mike does have two large CO2 tanks.
I am not sure it is anymore cost effective.
The guys on YouTube seem to think it is.
When I started looking I noticed that there are some really pretty mice out there. Petsmart has white ones. You would think they would have something colorful if they plan to sell them as pets.

Do Repticon events normally have someone selling live mice?
I figure if I raise them they may as well be pretty.

Every Repticon I've been to has had live and frozen mice and rats, but make sure you check the vendor list to make sure. Vendor lists are always on their websites.

And you're right! There are some pretty patterns that mice and rats can be. I really love the sable and the marbling they can have.

If you check craigslist, you might find some local, small scale feeder breeders on there. Or someone who wants to get rid of their pet mice.

I haven't been to a Repticon, but I've been to several different reptile shows and most of them had live feeders available. You might only find albinos, though.

I bred my own mice for several years, and enjoyed it a lot. They do stink, though, which is what made me stop. There is a lot you can do to reduce the smell, but not eliminate it completely. If you get a nice variety of colors, it adds to the fun.

Back