CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

Snakey's mansion build.

Old 12-06-2010, 08:57 PM   #1
rexracer
Snakey's mansion build.

Here are the first pics of Snakey's Christmas present. He should have plenty of room to grow. The inside dimensions of his living area are 46"x19"x27"high. About 3-4" of height will be aspen since he likes to dig so much.

Here's the back. Not much to see, but you can see where the lower vent is. It will be covered with black perforated aluminum sheet.

Here's the front. The lower section will be storage, and access to the flexwatt through a hinged trap door. The living area will be covered with a bottom hinged 2 pane door. The floor, with trap door, will be covered with a piece of 1/4" tempered glass for easy cleaning, and the flexwatt will be taped to the bottom of that over the trap door. The 3 vents can be seen up top, and there will be a hinged top to cover the wiring for lights, etc.

By the time it's done, it will probably be the nicest piece of "furniture" in my condo.
More to come!

Old 12-07-2010, 04:05 AM   #2
OldDetroit
That already looks good.

Old 12-07-2010, 07:26 AM   #3
Lennycorn
Very nice!!!.
Can't wait to see the finished product.

Staining...painting it???

Old 12-07-2010, 08:23 AM   #4
rexracer
Clear coat. it will be natural Cherry, so if you know anything about cherry, you know that it will darken and redden with age. Give it a year and it will have a nice, rich color.

Old 12-07-2010, 10:06 AM   #5
Haarstad
That looks amazing, you're doing great!

Old 12-07-2010, 04:20 PM   #6
Asbit
So you wanna come up to Saskatchewan Canada and build my Beardie a Christmas present?? Snakies looks great so far!!

Old 12-07-2010, 06:36 PM   #7
rexracer
I have to admit, there will be some cheating. Our parts guy will probably make the top, and our finish guy will definitely be spraying it. Lights, heat and decor will happen after it comes home.

Old 12-07-2010, 09:57 PM   #8
Asbit
So you say "our" parts guy and "our" finish guy...what defines "our".

Old 12-07-2010, 10:15 PM   #9
vetusvates
Very very nice.

Old 12-07-2010, 10:33 PM   #10
rexracer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asbit View Post
So you say "our" parts guy and "our" finish guy...what defines "our".
My company's. I work for a custom cabinet manufacturer, so this is getting built at work with full use of all of the company's equipment...and in the case of finishing, personnel. Although I can spray, I don't do it often. While I'm sure I could do a decent job on the back and sides, the doors and the insides are a lot harder, and I would end up with drips or a sag, so...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google