CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Corn Snakes For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snakes For Sale Got too many? Had a change of interest? Babies hatched out and you want to make some money so you can buy others? This is the place to try to sell them. ALL members may post ads here.

my corn snakes are now for sale

Old 01-16-2009, 01:48 AM   #11
kathylove
Here is a link to give you an idea of how to prepare a package for shipping:

http://arbreptiles.com/shipping/index.shtml

Old 01-16-2009, 02:50 AM   #12
Khaman
Quote:
Originally Posted by onelifetolive45 View Post
Not necessarily true, but it does help. To be honest you waive a lot of your rights when you become a certified shipper with Fedex. Just throwing it out there. Good luck selling you snakes, that okettee is nice looking!!!
What happens when Fed Ex stops the package half way across the country when they figure out you are not authorized to ship reptiles and they call you to come pick it up? I spent three hours on the phone with them trying to convince them I was approved and they would not believe that there was such a thing as a waiver even though it was noted on my account. It took Fed Ex’s legal department calling them to release it. Luckily it made its flight.

Old 01-16-2009, 04:21 AM   #13
a_god_s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiari View Post
Also, the box containing the snake you send may not always be upright. When a_god_s sent Abrina to me, the lady who retrieved her was flipping the box around, reading all the sides.
Sorry to go O/T but:

Flipping her, geez..... I would have had to come out there and shake some sense into that lady!
I'm glad to know she survived her FED EX ordeal and is doing so well.
Now my little O/T rant:
I really hate shipping snakes. I know sometimes it's the only way to get a snake cross country but you NEVER know what is really going on *behind the scenes* with any shipper!

Thanks for your understand...now back to your for sale thread!

Old 01-16-2009, 12:28 PM   #14
psychoprimate84
Nice snakes! I really like your Okeetee.

Old 01-16-2009, 12:35 PM   #15
ghosthousecorns
Agreed on the being certified... If you are not I would not chance shipping but try to sell locally instead or find somebody who is certified that lives near you to help you.
I made a mistake on my last label and was awakened by two phone calls from fed ex to check up on me and make sure I was legit. Not a pleasant experience (package would most likely have been held up if I had not been on their certified shipper list, they do look it up)

Old 01-16-2009, 01:03 PM   #16
onelifetolive45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaman View Post
What happens when Fed Ex stops the package half way across the country when they figure out you are not authorized to ship reptiles and they call you to come pick it up? I spent three hours on the phone with them trying to convince them I was approved and they would not believe that there was such a thing as a waiver even though it was noted on my account. It took Fed Ex’s legal department calling them to release it. Luckily it made its flight.
I use UPS, and have never had a problem. I had a snake shipped to me by Carol through UPS and they were like 6-8 hours late, even though they were guaranteed by 10:30, because she was a certified reptile shipper she waived her right to receive any kind of refund for the lateness. After I found that out I called fed ex and learned also if the package is lost and it is a reptile, no refund. If the animal dies because the shipment is late, yea no refund. Too many loopholes!!!

Old 01-16-2009, 01:25 PM   #17
Em Wright
I thought that you had to be certified. I'd rather not take the risk of having the animal stopped somewhere and not having a way to either get it back or to the location it was heading for. Better to be safe than sorry.

Old 01-16-2009, 02:32 PM   #18
Khaman
Quote:
Originally Posted by onelifetolive45 View Post
I use UPS, and have never had a problem.
Anyone shipping reptiles right now by UPS is asking for trouble. Pro Exotics is currently working with UPS to allow reptile shipping but it is not finalized yet. I know a few herpers that work in UPS's hub in Louisville that love to find reptile shipments because if the owner can't pick them up they take them home.

Old 01-16-2009, 03:27 PM   #19
hiddenhollowherp
Isn't UPS illegal with reptiles?

Old 01-16-2009, 04:49 PM   #20
onelifetolive45
I guess that is their policy but I have been using them for 2 and a half years and my previous employer who owned the boa barn has used them for God knows how long and has NEVER had a problem. Do what you feel comfortable with.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google