CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Corn Snakes For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Corn Snakes For Sale Got too many? Had a change of interest? Babies hatched out and you want to make some money so you can buy others? This is the place to try to sell them. ALL members may post ads here.

1.1 Proven Bloodred Pair - Donations for a Student in Great Need.

Old 05-13-2010, 09:27 AM   #1
Drizzt80
1.1 Proven Bloodred Pair - Donations for a Student in Great Need.

Once again I find myself in a position to take action on behalf of someone else. I have had this pair of snakes up for sale for some time now, and have decided to take donations for a chance that you could own them. What's the donation for?

I have just learned that a student who attends my school has had her cancer return. She's been battling this since 4th grade (10 years old). She's 13 now and in the 7th grade. She and her family thought they had her final EVER chemo treatment last summer. Unfortunately that's not the case. She was flown back to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN over the past weekend, and her biopsy from Tuesday showed 40% leukemia cells in her bone marrow. Not good, but they are a fighting family and doing everything they can to get this back under control.

Donations will earn you a chance at a gorgeous 1.1 pair of Proven Bloodreds. The male is a 2003 product of Kathy Love herself, and the female (Who just laid 21 eggs yesterday (5/12)!!) is a 2007 product of Dakota Corns. Their current pictures are located below.

Here are the particulars:
1. Shipping will be paid by the winner. Continental US Shipping address only. Those members not in the Continental US can donate chances to continental US members OR if they have someone that can ship to them from the Continental US we can work with that too.

2. Donations are over for this set of donations. Thank you and congratulations to Jenstar!
1 chance will equal 1 physical ticket placed “in the hat”.

3. Donations are over for this set of donations.
Please include your name, email, and CS.com screen name with your PP donation.
Please remember to mark as Personal and Gift because it really is a gift to a family in great need!

4. I will be ending the donation process at midnight (Central time), on Friday, May 21st. Selection of the new owner for these Bloodreds will be made and announced sometime during the day on Saturday, May 22nd.

5. Shipping will be arranged between myself and the winner. The winner will be responsible for shipping costs as I want all donated funds to be forwarded to the Borgen family.

6. I will make changes as necessary to these particulars as questions/concerns arise.

To make it crystal clear, I will not be making or accepting any profit on this donation. Anyone who may not know me or my history with things like this, or are just generally skeptical, here is the web address for the family's CarePages site. You will need to register to read it, and you will more than likely need a tissue. Be sure to click on "About Ali".
http://www.carepages.com/carepages/WeLoveAliB

Thanks for any interest
D80

1.0 '03 Bloodred

0.1 '07 Bloodred het Hypo

Old 05-13-2010, 10:57 AM   #2
wstphal
PP sent. I don't need more snakes, but this is a great cause.

Old 05-13-2010, 11:47 AM   #3
medusacoils
Hi Brent,

I just sent you a payment. I couldn't find the "donation" button, so I included a little extra. This should more than cover your fee. If you didn't incur a fee, then great. That is a little extra $$ for your student!

Wayne

Old 05-13-2010, 11:56 AM   #4
Caryl
Brent, it's so cool that you do stuff like this! I'll send in what I can when I get home - can't PayPal from work.

Old 05-13-2010, 02:32 PM   #5
dionythicus
I didn't see where it said Donation either. I chose Gift, but I also included a couple extra bucks for fees. And I really don't need or want the snakes, this is just to help out someone in need. I know of several people right now going through life threatening health issues. I can only do so much, and this is something I can do.

Old 05-13-2010, 03:43 PM   #6
Butch
Sent under "gift"

Old 05-13-2010, 05:05 PM   #7
Jenstar
If you choose gift it will charged you and not Brent.

Brent, you are really awesome for caring about your students the way you do.

Old 05-13-2010, 05:21 PM   #8
pridecity
I'm going to have to see what I have left over on my PayPal account after some fees go through. But you should be hearing from me soon! And I absolutely refuse to look at that link. I cry watching Pretty Woman, so reading something that isn't fictional will flood the house.

Thank you for caring so much about others! We need more people who care in the world.

Old 05-13-2010, 05:41 PM   #9
zorro
Money sent under gift.
John

Old 05-13-2010, 05:48 PM   #10
mvervest
Hello D80 ,
the button/link on chapter 3 didn't work (for me) but did paypal by moneytransfert . Ididn't found the donation option , but put some more and as a gift => fee was for me .
Also asked some info on the paypaltext .
Please feel free to contact me by PM .

BTW is is allowed to go for more tickets ??

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google