CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Carol's Corner
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Carol's Corner Just a place to park this year's breeding plans and progress, come take a look and see what I have cooking!

Back to corns...Hypo Lav clutch on the ground

Old 06-23-2005, 09:34 PM   #31
Clint Boyer
Both parents are unproven til now. I was surprised to see what appears to be amel appear in this clutch because neither line has expressed it until now.

Those are definitely Opals in my opinion. I know at least one normal hypo was poking it's nose out before the photo shoot.

It's just one of those surprises that have a tendency to pop up unannounced!

The pattern on that first Opal is really wacked out!

I wonder if either Opal is hypo?....

Old 06-24-2005, 12:16 AM   #32
Clint Boyer
DOH!

What am I thinking?

The Lav male that I crossed with a Crimson to produce the female in the pic is het amel!

Old 06-24-2005, 12:26 AM   #33
carol
LOL, I'd second that "opal" opinion. One of my parents must be het, I am racking my brain to think of anything Amel I might have bred the father to. All I have ever bred the mother to is the same male. Well I hope you are too disappointed by the suprise and hope you get some Hypo Lavs too!

Old 06-24-2005, 01:07 AM   #34
carol
Looks like the females and the Hypos got the most Aztecing in this clutch... Boy is it male heavy! One more to hatch, I think it is a lavendar.

Here are pics of the girls!
Warren I wil have a nice pair for you for sure!

I got a nice female Aztec Hypo Lav and Lav...

Old 06-24-2005, 01:10 AM   #35
carol
Here are some boys... the most "Azteced" Hypo Lav male is right in front, I also took a close up pic but his colors didn't turn out right. I included it anyway so you could see the pattern. Then a Hypo pic, then a little male Hypo Lav who I expect will have some great colors!

Old 06-24-2005, 01:34 AM   #36
Clint Boyer
Quote:
Well I hope you are too disappointed
Nah, I just look at it as one step closer to knowing what I have hidden away in my stock.

Next year the female hypo Lav will be ready, we'll see how she proves out.

Pretty cool patterns on some of those babies. I just checked in on my clutch and see one hypo emerged that has that Adder looking pattern going on.

Old 06-24-2005, 01:57 AM   #37
carol
"Well I hope you are too disappointed"

LOL, I even have the power to edit and didn't catch that... I'm tired, you know what I meant right? ARE NOT too disappointed....

Old 06-24-2005, 03:15 AM   #38
Warren
Well, I can't speak for Clint but I KNOW I AM NOT disappointed!!
I really like that female w/ the v on her head! Is that male Hypo you had isolated in the pic above the one you wanted me to look at? It sure looks nice! Honestly, I don't see how you don't keep them all back! You must have some from earlier years. You have some of the nicest babies around! I love it!!

Take Care!!
Warren

Old 06-24-2005, 10:57 AM   #39
carol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Well, I can't speak for Clint but I KNOW I AM NOT disappointed!!
I really like that female w/ the v on her head! Is that male Hypo you had isolated in the pic above the one you wanted me to look at? It sure looks nice! Honestly, I don't see how you don't keep them all back! You must have some from earlier years. You have some of the nicest babies around! I love it!!

Take Care!!
Warren
Ya, I'll send individual pics of all the hypos once they shed and eaten, and let you decide which one you want, you've been waiting a very long time. I have two holdback Lav Aztecs that a local friend of mine is going to be taking off my hands, it will be great to have someone else care for them, but I will still get to watch them develop! LOL. Pretty much looking at and cleaning my snake room is what keeps me from holding any back....although I am taking a liking to that last Hypo Lav male! I keep asking myself why I would need TWO Hypo Lav males, I can't come up with a good answer other than "It's purdy".

Old 07-04-2005, 08:43 AM   #40
JTGoff69
Now I just looked at the pictures again Carol, I know the contrast is different, but it is the one on the top of the boy pile with a hypo lav head poking through his coils right?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google