CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

Night Lights

Old 09-07-2011, 10:50 AM   #1
Indoorweeds
Night Lights

So I'm thinking of including a short string of red "Christmas lights" in my viv which I can switch on at night so I can watch my snake after I've turned off my daytime night. Anyone done this before?

Old 09-07-2011, 12:27 PM   #2
K. Rene
Not on the snakes. I have those night glow blue lights for my leo geckos and we love watching them at night

Old 09-07-2011, 04:13 PM   #3
abynum1
I'm about to order some led light strips off of ebay. They come with a remote control, you can change colors from red to white or many other colors, and you can fade them on and off.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:26 PM   #4
Indoorweeds
Quote:
Originally Posted by abynum1 View Post
I'm about to order some led light strips off of ebay. They come with a remote control, you can change colors from red to white or many other colors, and you can fade them on and off.
How much were those? The great attractiveness of the christmas lights was that they were super cheap. Also my tank could use the added heat. The hottest part now is only 80 degrees and during the winter it will probably drop more since it is not far from a window.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:29 PM   #5
abynum1
If you're just doing one cage, not much at all, just look on ebay

Old 09-07-2011, 08:36 PM   #6
abynum1
Heres a link to cheap setup.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-1M-RGB-F...item2eb5283622

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google