CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

My huge DIY viv For unsure reptile

Old 01-20-2009, 10:37 PM   #1
ReptiHabitat
My huge DIY viv For unsure reptile

This is giant 10ft wide by 8 ft high by 3 ft deep viv i am building in a old bedroom/office. I have been building this style viv for myself and other for a few years, but this time I am going HUGE. It has a waterfall a few caves and selves to climb on.

Old 01-20-2009, 10:39 PM   #2
Lennycorn
Wow good start.
How are you going to clean it?

Old 01-20-2009, 10:40 PM   #3
ReptiHabitat
First layer only a few more to go well like 10 more layers lol. Then paint and clear coat and plants. ughhhh I never said it was easy. But it will be a sweet ass huge wall viv. when I am finished.

Old 01-20-2009, 10:42 PM   #4
Hallie
That's pretty neat. Can't wait to see the finished product!

Old 01-20-2009, 10:43 PM   #5
ReptiHabitat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennycorn View Post
Wow good start.
How are you going to clean it?
lol Get in side with a soft brush a bucket of 10-1 bleach solution and scrub and wash till off. then air dry and replace reptiles.

Old 01-20-2009, 10:46 PM   #6
Lennycorn
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReptiHabitat View Post
lol Get in side with a soft brush a bucket of 10-1 bleach solution and scrub and wash till off. then air dry and replace reptiles.
LOL OK... I thought so.
Good Luck with it.

Old 01-20-2009, 10:55 PM   #7
ReptiHabitat
When your life is full of reptiles and DIY faux rock viv's you get used to getting inside and dirty to keep them clean. I used to have a 220 gl fish tank that took a whole day to clean out the cichlid crap. I would be in it almost to my neck reaching in the bottom. Thought about buying a snorkel for that tank. Now Im making it a boa tank.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:48 AM   #8
plausibledenial
All the posts you've made of your vivs are amazing. It totally inspired me to go out and start making my own for my little guys. Thanks for sharing pics of your work.

Old 01-21-2009, 04:37 PM   #9
ReptiHabitat
Quote:
Originally Posted by plausibledenial View Post
All the posts you've made of your vivs are amazing. It totally inspired me to go out and start making my own for my little guys. Thanks for sharing pics of your work.
Thanks, They are really not that hard to do. Your house will be trashed and you will be vacuming up little tiny pieces of styrofoam for months. So if you can do it in a garage. Then it just takes time and patience. If you rush it, it wont be what you expect it to look like. Dont try to plan what you are going to do. Just get an idea and start carving let one rock make the next rock and so on.
Now comes the dirty part that takes for every. Coating it with cement. lots of layers and let them somewhat dry in between but make sure you spray it down with water from a water bottle. If it dry's to fast it will crack. Then paint it and make sure you seal it. Then add plants and wood.

Old 01-21-2009, 04:38 PM   #10
jerrybforl
that is awesome cant wait to see the waterfall feature.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google