• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Are Lavenders Lazy?

SnakeSmithS

SnakeSmithS
All 4 of the Lavenders I have (photo of one of my males [Ultramel Lavender Aztec; maybe Peach] for eye candy) are without a doubt the most inactive corns I have ever owned. They are seriously the "Ball Pythons" of my collection :). My sample size is quite small though, so I started wondering if I just randomly ended up with 4 lazy Lavenders, or if this is a personality trait that others have noticed? Thanks in advance for any insights.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-15 at 10.09.19 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-15 at 10.09.19 AM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 35
Last edited:
I currently have two adult lavenders and one baby and they seem average in their activity levels - most time spent hiding, but occasionally I'll see them out. All of mine are definitely not very comfortable with handling though. The baby might grow out of it, but adults are quite flighty.

Interesting... 3 of my 4 lavenders are adults, and are very calm... but they rarely come out of their hides. I'm actually concerned the females may not have the muscle tone to lay eggs successfully so I have been handling them frequently to hopefully help with that situation. I do have a 2 year old female Lavender that is quite nervous, a lot like most of the Sunkissed that I have, but none of my Lavenders have any Sunkissed in their lineage that I know of. Perhaps my "lazy Lavenders" are just a random happenstance?

Interesting... 3 of my 4 lavenders are adults, and are very calm... but they rarely come out of their hides. I'm actually concerned the females may not have the muscle tone to lay eggs successfully so I have been handling them frequently to hopefully help with that situation. I do have a 2 year old female Lavender that is quite nervous, a lot like most of the Sunkissed that I have, but none of my Lavenders have any Sunkissed in their lineage that I know of. Perhaps my "lazy Lavenders" are just a random happenstance?

It's fascinating how behavior can vary even within the same species. Handling your lavender geckos frequently to encourage muscle tone for egg-laying is a proactive approach. Perhaps their calm demeanor is just a unique trait!

It's fascinating how behavior can vary even within the same species. Handling your lavender geckos frequently to encourage muscle tone for egg-laying is a proactive approach. Perhaps their calm demeanor is just a unique trait!

Uh, I believe this discussion is about lavender corn snakes, not lavender geckos. :poke:

Back