• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

heat pads

Nagah11979

corn junkie
What sort of heat pads does everyone use?

Mine is ZooMed Repti Therm UTH brand and it sticks to the underside of the viv. Does anyone recommend any other kinds?

Is there a difference between heat mats and heat tape?

Many years ago before the corn addiction took root and I only had a few corns housed in glass vivaria I used to use the same ZooMed under tank heaters that your using. I found them to be fine as long as you have a small collection.

About the only thing I didnt like about them is they tend to get the underside of a glass aquarium way too hot. Burns were a major concern of mine...

As far as heat tape goes, Thats all I used these days. If you have a large collection nothing beats it. (Except a dedicated reptile room of course.)

to

Stop the "sticking" (unless you already stuck it on) and to raise it off you can put a few bottle caps or something slightly under each corner of the tank.

bmm

i use clips to hold up my tank...

...but what should i do to keep my snake from getting burned?

Once, he tried to get under the reptibark in the spot where the mat was and he jerked backward; seeming to decide that burrowing right there wasn't a very good idea.

Here's a pic of the tank with the clips on the bottom held by rubber bands...

Attachments

• viv.jpg
    viv.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 108
If the heat pad is too hot, you can either A) get a thermostat or dimmer to control the temps, or B) put something like cage carpet over top of the pad to dampen the temps (be sure that the snake cannot get underneath whatever you're using!)

Back