CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

An amaretto question

Old 10-25-2016, 08:34 PM   #1
RubikAce
An amaretto question

So I played around with the Ians Vivarium morph calculator (no actual breeding plans as of yet, just killing time) and hypothetically paired my amber male and lavender female. According to the calculator they'd only produce normals with hets for lavender, caramel and hypo. However, isn't the amaretto genetically caramel+hypo+lavender? Do I have my genetics knowledge completely backwards or shouldn't an amber+lavender breeding have a chance of producing amarettos?

Old 10-25-2016, 08:46 PM   #2
blacktip
You have the genes right, but an amaretto has to get the caramel, hypo and lavender genes from both parents. If you bred your two together you would get all normals that were het for caramel, hypo, and lavender. If you raised up a pair of the babies and bred them together you would then have a chance of producing amarettos.

Old 10-25-2016, 08:51 PM   #3
RubikAce
Ah, gotcha. Thanks

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google