• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

can I get an answer in this forum?

ultimuttone

Murphy is my Sancho :/
I posted this ? in the cultivars forum and have gotten no answer, so thought I'd try another. I realize not everyone likes or approves of hybrids but I am really trying to find out about these guys. Thanks...

info or pics of the corn x thayeri cross- apparently called a clown corn.
I have searched the forum and done a web search and have not come up with anything but the name clown corn
I am fairly new to cornsnakes(always had the boas and pythons in the past) and find the vast number of morphs and combinations fascinating.
I would really like to see that resulting hybrid.
If anyone has any pics or can direct me it would be greatly appreciated as I am quite tired of search mode.
Thanks
Traci

ultimuttone said:
I posted this ? in the cultivars forum and have gotten no answer, so thought I'd try another. I realize not everyone likes or approves of hybrids but I am really trying to find out about these guys. Thanks...

info or pics of the corn x thayeri cross- apparently called a clown corn.
I have searched the forum and done a web search and have not come up with anything but the name clown corn
I am fairly new to cornsnakes(always had the boas and pythons in the past) and find the vast number of morphs and combinations fascinating.
I would really like to see that resulting hybrid.
If anyone has any pics or can direct me it would be greatly appreciated as I am quite tired of search mode.
Thanks
Traci
Sorry, I can't help here, but if you find it, let me know. I'd be interested in seeing that :cheers:

ultimuttone said:
I am still looking...you'd think in this great big WWW I'd be able to find ONE PIC :bang:
Just for the record, the closest thing to what you are looking for that I have seen is a Corn x Grey Banded King. I would think they would be similar depending upon the color variation of the king :shrugs:
BTW, Welcome to the forums! Just realized you are new here(few beers already) :grin01:

thanks for the welcome.
I am still looking..but I will try that cross and see what I come up with.

Thanks for the links. The one on mezozoicreptiles lists the clown as a nelsons x thayeri cross. Am I just looking in the wrong place or are there so many outcrosses now that they've run out of names? :shrugs:

I think the vast majority of corn X king crosses involve cal kings... to amel or snow corns. (Why nobody has crossed lavender or caramel or any of the other tons of genes into jungles is beyond me... :shrugs: )

I'm looking forward to using my lav albino Cali king with bright yellow with an opal male down the road. I'd like to make some purple and yellow/orange jungles. Now all I need is a pair of Mellow's babies from Terri so I can get going!!

ultimuttone said:
Thanks for the links. The one on mezozoicreptiles lists the clown as a nelsons x thayeri cross. Am I just looking in the wrong place or are there so many outcrosses now that they've run out of names? :shrugs:

I've always seen the clowns as a milk (nelsons or sinaloan) X something else, but never a corn.

I actually found the term "clown corn" on this site. In a search through the cultivars forum I believe. However elsewhere I am still only finding the milksnake x kingsnake cross in reference to that name.
Unfortunatley that has not helped me much in my search for info/pics of a corn x thayeri hybrid.
I AM STILL SEARCHING.
My kids think that I have been eternally lost in cyberspace right now :crazy01:

Thanks!

I believe that was the website mentioned in the thread that I found the name clown corn in. (Although extremehybridz is a section not the sites name, which is prob why I couldn't find it myself.)
It doesn't say what they used to get the clown corn so it may not be what I am looking for(doesn't look like I thought it would,but ?).However it has given me a place to start which is what I was asking for.

Thank you to everyone who responded trying to help. I get fixated on something and it makes me a litle crazy until I find it.

:-offtopic
The site has some really awesome looking snakes! The snow rosy boa, and the leopard kings :licklips:

I have emailed the guy at aaareptilesupply with questions and he was good enough to reply. You could do the same.

AAA is known for clown kings, I think that is where the confusion lies. I have never seen them advertise "clown corns" (nor anyone else for that matter.) I have also never seen a thayeri/corn (with just thayeri and corn - I have seen pics of thayeri/something else X corn.) I am sure they would be beautiful animals though. I have a pair of thayeri/pueblan milks, and several corn hybrids, as well as other king/milk hybrids. I recently bought a corn/greyband. She is very friendly snake, but not much to look at. I don't have pics yet though.

That is excactly what I have done(emailed AAA). Hopefully they will get back to me with something good:)

And you are correct, they are listed as CLOWN KINGS, not CLOWN CORNS.
If and when you do get pics of your hybrids, I would love to see them.
I am pretty new to keeping cornsnakes, but have always loved kingsnakes and their many varieties, and kept a few of them along with our larger snakes.

Side note-I have to say that keeping large snakes kept the # of snakes down because of the "where do you put them" factor. With these smaller guys I am finding it hard not to just say-OK I can have one of everything cuz I got room.

Serpwidgets said:
I think the vast majority of corn X king crosses involve cal kings... to amel or snow corns. (Why nobody has crossed lavender or caramel or any of the other tons of genes into jungles is beyond me... :shrugs: )

In my search I found a great pic of a buttercorn x kingsnake at www.unusualalbinos.com
It is pretty.

Just in case somewhere down the road someone besides me is lookin for this....
After days of searching and emailing every hybrid breeder I could find, the closest I could come up with was a thayeri x jungle corn. However I did get some good suggestions, info and some great new websites.
I guess I will just have to try it myself:)

Thanks again to everyone who replied to this thread.

Back