CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

List of Feeding Tricks for Non-Feeders

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-30-2018, 09:07 AM   #21
Twolunger
Non-eaters do worry me until I get them eating, but you say yours is 2 months old and hasn't eaten for 15 days. That must mean he's already eaten for you several times. If that is true he may be getting ready to shed. Some of my hatchlings won't eat just prior to a shed. Nanci's blog has a post regarding non-feeders, and I've used several of her methods. Just scroll down to her "member's blog." What has worked for me well was heating chicken broth very hot and soaking a pinkie in it for 5 minutes. Put it in a deli cup to cool for 10 minutes and place the hatchling in the cup. Cover the cup and leave it alone for a while. Some like to leave the snake in the deli cup for hours, or even overnight, but mine usually ate within 15 minutes or not at all.

Don't ask me why, but my snakes love the scent of the dryer sheets we use to soften our clothes. I took one of the "used" dryer sheets and rubbed it on the head of a pinkie and presented it to a non-feeder and it ate within minutes. I may try swabbing the head of a pinkie lightly with one of my wife's perfumes the next time I have a non-feeder.