CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

Nominations for new moderator are now being accepted in this thread

Old 03-10-2012, 03:19 AM   #61
RobbiesCornField
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
I have posted a complete list (AFAIK!) of nominees (in the second post in this thread) and noted who has accepted or declined. If you nominate someone, please advise them of the nomination so they can accept or decline.
I feel so honored that you kidnapped my reply. In all seriousness, though, thank you for creating the list. I'm glad to see that anyone I would have nominated already has been entered.

Old 03-11-2012, 11:51 AM   #62
AliCat37
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnoctopus View Post
I'd like to nominate Alicat37 - she (and I'm assuming gender, here) is frequently online and is knowledgeable and helpful.
Thank you! I am however going to have to decline, I feel that there are many more members here that are more knowledgeable than myself who would do much better as a mod.

Old 03-11-2012, 01:46 PM   #63
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliCat37 View Post
Thank you! I am however going to have to decline, I feel that there are many more members here that are more knowledgeable than myself who would do much better as a mod.
A moderator's job really has nothing at all to do with how knowledgeable they are about animals. The primary consideration is how knowledgeable and effective they are dealing with PEOPLE. In other words, how effective they are with jumping into a heated discussion and MODERATING it to keep it from becoming a flame war.

Old 03-11-2012, 01:51 PM   #64
Sai_Keths
So, a mod should be the one with the least amount of emotion about a subject and has the best diplomatic skill.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:59 AM   #65
ZoologyGirl
Thanks! I thought about it, but I suspect I will be too busy in the coming couple years to give enough time to mod duties, so I'll have to decline for now. Perhaps next time.

Old 03-12-2012, 12:15 PM   #66
kathylove
Thanks for the nomination - I am very flattered!

Although I do consider myself tactful, I might be a little too softhearted to dish out penalties when they are truly deserved, lol! And my life is a bit too chaotic to commit to anything new right now. So I will have to respectfully decline the nomination at this time, although it is possible I might accept someday in the future if an offer comes when I am more settled.

Looks like we have some good choices. I just became aware of this thread. If I think of any new moderator possibilities, I will post them.

Thanks!

Old 03-12-2012, 03:40 PM   #67
bitsy
Quote:
I'm not sure if anyone has nominated, Bitsy.
I'm very honoured, but I'm afraid I'll have to decline. My studies are about to get very intense over the next six months and I probably won't be able to lend the board the time I'd like to as a Mod.

But many, many thanks to Mike and anyone else who thought of me. It means a lot

Old 03-12-2012, 03:42 PM   #68
snakewispera snr
Shame... You'd of made a great Mod....

Old 03-17-2012, 12:19 AM   #69
Rich Z
Last call on nominations.

Old 03-17-2012, 02:49 AM   #70
diamondlil
I nominate Robbie! (Robbiescornfield)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google