CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

My new baby!

Old 04-02-2017, 01:02 PM   #1
amandac
My new baby!

Meet my new baby - tentative name Hissy Elliot, I'm not sure whether it's a boy or girl though. I'm in love! Also, can anyone help with identifying what morph this little sweetie might be?? Sorry the picture quality isn't great, I'll take more after I can start handling him/her.

Old 04-02-2017, 01:23 PM   #2
Karl_Mcknight
Looks like a Normal to me or slight variation.

As a side note - your cage looks "Wide Open" meaning there's not enough clutter inside. If you can see Through the cage and all around it, then the odds are your snake is going to be very uncomfortable.

The more clutter inside the better. Many of us use those fake vines and leaves and go all around the cage with them. They provide safety and places to cover up for the snake. I see a "Half Log" in there. That's good, but that's all I see. Several of them would be better. Make sure there is a place to "Hide" on the warm side of the cage, and a place to hide on the cool side as well.

Your snake will thank you for that.

Old 04-02-2017, 01:40 PM   #3
amandac
Yes, we're currently working on the "clutter" part, I put a couple paper towel rolls for now, and collected some sticks but I need to clean/treat them before I put them in there. Thank you!

Old 04-02-2017, 01:41 PM   #4
amandac
Also, belly checkers!

Old 04-02-2017, 07:47 PM   #5
Karl_Mcknight
be careful when using sticks and twigs from outdoors. You should never use any kind of "Pine" wood and this includes cedar and all variations. There is a resin in pine that does nerve damage to snakes.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google