CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

The Reputation System is gone.

Old 03-04-2005, 10:37 AM   #1
Rich Z
Angry The Reputation System is gone.

OK people, I've had enough. Enough people have abused the reputation system causing me some grief and extra work that I just don't need. Yeah, I know it was a minority, but that is all it takes for the majority of people to get upset with their actions, and I am the one having to play the clean up crew.

So effective immediately the reputation system is gone. You can thank any of the people here who decided to use it as a childish weapon against another for this decision to be made.

Old 03-04-2005, 10:40 AM   #2
princess
I accept your decision but I must say I'm a little sad. I thought it was a fun feature but if it made extra work for you then I guess it was up to you.

We all apreciate all the work you put into the site.

Cheers,
Adèle

Old 03-04-2005, 11:10 AM   #3
DAND
Unhappy Such is life...

It's about this time I wish there was a "smack upside head" key on computers. All you'd have to do is highlight that persons name and WHAMMO! This way Rich could just do that instead.

Old 03-04-2005, 11:45 AM   #4
Taceas
Rich,

I'll accept your decision to remove the reputation points function, but I certainly don't agree with it.

Why punish the rest of us for the crimes of a handful? I think the majority of people are honest in their use of the rep points. I had only given out maybe 3-4 good points and 1 negative, in my entire time of being here.

I think if someone is being blatantly abusive, such as Corntard79, then I think something should be done. But I think if it doesn't involve someone, then they have no business complaining about it.

To those people: Y'all know who you are. Bitchin' about everytime someone posts about non-sensical things on year old threads and have rep points for nothin. Mind your own business next time. If it concerns you, fine...if not, keep yer trap shut. I don't whine all the damned time I don't get my way or if someone annoys me. If I did, Rich would have shot me full of lead by now.

So thanks for pissin' all my hard work down the drain. And I just got caught up to Quigs' 5 green dots!

Old 03-04-2005, 11:57 AM   #5
OCsnakeman
Exclamation A wise choice.

Generally I would agree with this choice merely because there was abuse, and it allowed people to exploit the system as well.

We need to remember that this board is a great source of information, and if there are undesireable things occurring, regardless of nature, Rich is the man to take care of them. If you dont like his choices, then leave the board. Simple as that.

As a side note, I have noticed that some people are dredging up 3 year old threads just so they can up their post #s. Is there something we can do about that? I don't always read the original post date, and I am guilty of usually just clicking the new posts link and reading from there. Just a question. Thanks for any feedback.

I am sorry if my opinions offend people, but hey, thats what I'm good at...Just ask anyone who talks with me in Chat on my lunchbreaks everyday! ( HI spirit, ray-ray, snowball, joe, etc.etc.etc. )

OC

Old 03-04-2005, 12:01 PM   #6
princess
Misty,

I agree in part with what you've said. I think it's a shame to lose it and it was a useful feature of the site. In recent days on the numerous threads that have popped up about this issue I have asked everyone a number of times if we can just close this chapter, bury the hatchet, fuggedaboudit...yet the verbal sparing and name calling has continued. Fueled by a nuber of 'the wronged', this could have gone on indeffinately so Rich had to do what he had to do.

I too will miss my 2 dots and 16 points. I was quite pleased to have earned my reputation through being known as a 'good-guy' and giving good advice but the points system had been somewhat trivialised of late by the flood of mass posters so something had to be done anyway.

Such is life,
A

Old 03-04-2005, 12:20 PM   #7
mbdorfer
As one of the "wronged" I will only say, the reason, the ONLY reason, I kept remarking about this person was because of his constant bashing of my country. I can take anything anyone can dish out about me personally, but if you bad mouth my country, than I have to retalliate. Just my nature.

Old 03-04-2005, 01:38 PM   #8
CAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taceas
So thanks for pissin' all my hard work down the drain. And I just got caught up to Quigs' 5 green dots!
He was certainly the Mac Daddy of green dot pimpin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbdorfer
I can take anything anyone can dish out about me personally, but if you bad mouth my country, than I have to retalliate.
We don't take kindly to their kind around here!

Old 03-04-2005, 01:45 PM   #9
Quigs
Quote:
Originally Posted by princess
I have asked everyone a number of times if we can just close this chapter, bury the hatchet, fuggedaboudit...
I must admit I find this a bit humorous and ironic to say the least. You in fact are one of the said "offenders" as you have brought the topic up several times and complained in open forum about Robert posting on all the 'Photo Gallery' threads!

As well as talking about newbies asking questions and giving advice without prior experience. Time to face the "facts", much of what is said on these forums as well as on on ALL other forums, not only by that particulary person, is regurgitated from reading and not with said experience! This is human nature, like it or not.

Old 03-04-2005, 01:51 PM   #10
Jason B.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taceas
Well , you may have helped some people well gaining the green dots ,so I don't think it's all down the drain.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google