CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

"Importance" of rep?!?

Old 01-06-2009, 11:12 PM   #31
Chip

Old 01-07-2009, 12:04 AM   #32
jazzgeek
All I can say is that I'm completely thrilled and honored to have Lori directly underneath me, The End.

Dale

(Wut?)

Old 01-07-2009, 12:25 AM   #33
Jeff Linkchorst
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBoz View Post
He sold his sense of humor to europe so his belly laughs wouldn't be under cut here.
OMG That was Hilarious... I snorted... To be honest i never thought to look that way in the members list.. Then i searched by join date. I'm on page 21 and i thought i have been here a while.. I guess not now...

Old 01-07-2009, 12:31 AM   #34
Rich Z
Actually, I was thinking I need to adjust the formula for determining the repuration "power" value. That number has gotten so high that it is losing any meaning for many members. And, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the programmers didn't foresee such large numbers and eventually it will crash the system when a memory variable overflows it's boundaries.

Not saying I will get around to this anytime soon, but it is something I believe I need to do.

Besides, I wonder how many lines those green blocks will wrap around to?

Old 01-07-2009, 01:07 AM   #35
Drizzt80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Besides, I wonder how many lines those green blocks will wrap around to?
They seem to have stopped at 11 blocks . . . and they stopped quite early if memory serves.

D80

Old 01-07-2009, 01:16 AM   #36
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt80 View Post
They seem to have stopped at 11 blocks . . . and they stopped quite early if memory serves.

D80
Yeah, that's what worries me. That number has already exceeded the number that the developers thought anyone would accumulate. I've been bitten more than once by developers underestimating the potential use of a value in their coding. That's all I would need... have the database corrupted from an overflowing variable field in one of the tables.

Old 01-07-2009, 01:34 AM   #37
jpccusa
I got to many blocks early on and then they stopped increasing numbers. I guess they are just "for show" and not really a scale...

Old 01-07-2009, 01:44 AM   #38
Rich Z
There are two values involved in that reputation display. (1) The number displays the amount of "power" you have in the reputation you give someone else. The green bars are an indication of the number of reputation points YOU have gotten from other members. And yes, they are somewhat tied together in that the more points you have, the more your power is incremented. The forumula also includes the number posts you have made and the amount of time you have been a member here. I think it is easy to see why the numbers have gotten so outrageously high. It's a snowball effect, which does worry me. I guess I just don't trust most programmers.... Not after working with a bunch of them.....

Old 01-07-2009, 02:48 AM   #39
Cat_Eyed_Lady
I actually think it is an honer when I am reped by someone. Other than that it doesnt mean too much to me but it is always nice to know when someone thinks something positive about you

Old 01-07-2009, 04:17 AM   #40
diamondlil
I'm not at all surprised Nanci came out top of the rep parade, that's just who I'd have put my money on in a wager!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google