CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

Signature area use - specifically, dragon images

Old 03-24-2009, 10:07 PM   #11
danielle
I never knew what that dragons were to be honest- would someone care to explain?

Old 03-25-2009, 07:23 AM   #12
KJUN
Thanks, Rich. I think reducing the images in sigs will help a LOT.
KJ

Old 03-25-2009, 11:07 AM   #13
Caryl
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJUN View Post
Thanks, Rich. I think reducing the images in sigs will help a LOT.
KJ
I have dial-up internet at home. I'm all for having fun, but if it's not directly pertinent to the site AND slows things down, I admit I'm happy to see it go. Thanks, Rich.

Old 03-25-2009, 11:20 AM   #14
mike17l
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caryl View Post
I have dial-up internet at home. I'm all for having fun, but if it's not directly pertinent to the site AND slows things down, I admit I'm happy to see it go. Thanks, Rich.
Being on dial up, have you noticed a difference pre- and post- "DYK" thread? With a thread with nearly 30,000 usless posts, it must be slowing something down.

Old 03-25-2009, 11:37 AM   #15
Caryl
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike17l View Post
Being on dial up, have you noticed a difference pre- and post- "DYK" thread? With a thread with nearly 30,000 usless posts, it must be slowing something down.
I actually gave up on even trying to read that thread some time ago. It just took too darn long. I'll give it a shot again this evening and see if it's a do-able proposition now.

Old 03-25-2009, 11:39 AM   #16
Roy Munson
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike17l View Post
Hmmm. I'd hate to delete the "DYK" thread, because so many people like it. I don't know if it affects site performance or not. But maybe we should at least examine the option of deleting that thread and starting a new one.

Old 03-25-2009, 11:43 AM   #17
Nanci
Yeah, but there are nearly as many posts in the Photo Gallery section as in General Chit-Chat, and I'm positive that section takes up magnitudes more bandwidth...

Old 03-25-2009, 11:45 AM   #18
carol
I don't see how it can slow down those on dial up unless they click on it? Besides, there are google ads on every page too, I accidentally click them all the time, does this help earn it's keep at all? I'd imagine it's a top earner for the forum as far as google ads views/clicks.

Old 03-25-2009, 11:46 AM   #19
Roy Munson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Yeah, but there are nearly as many posts in the Photo Gallery section as in General Chit-Chat, and I'm positive that section takes up magnitudes more bandwidth...
But would it be a problem if the thread was deleted and another DYK thread was created? There's probably even a way to do it that would preserve the OP. I don't participate in that thread much, but from a mod perspective I like it because it's sort of a more easily moderated chat scenario.

Old 03-25-2009, 11:58 AM   #20
Nanci
I don't really think it would matter. It's impossible to search for a specific thing in there, anyway. But I am not the boss of DYK!

No kidding- I click ads by accident all the time! Especially Cages By Design and Fauna Top Sites.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google