CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

Rep Points

Old 04-16-2009, 08:37 PM   #31
Tula_Montage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike17l View Post
It should be a non-issue, but then you see posts, that are completely pointless, saying "rep me now". Rather frivolous and add absolutely nothing to the site. Mindless chit chat like that should be kept in the social groups or in chat, or at the very least in the DYK thread. IMO.

What I have to ask is why make a thread about the rep points issue when you know people will have undoubtedly spread rep points a plenty for their smart arsed comments?

Why draw more attention to an issue that you really dislike? You know people are going to spread points more now just to piss you off... because people are simple and petty like that....

DYK you has rep points.

Old 04-16-2009, 08:41 PM   #32
mike17l
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tula_Montage View Post
What I have to ask is why make a thread about the rep points issue when you know people will have undoubtedly spread rep points a plenty for their smart arsed comments?
Well, Rich just put some more restrictions on the repping system, so I believe that my thread has made a small difference. Its not that I want the repping system to disappear, its just that as it has been used, it seems pointless.

Quote:
Why draw more attention to an issue that you really dislike? You know people are going to spread points more now just to piss you off... because people are simple and petty like that....
Ladies and gents, we have a winner. I believe she hit the nail on the head.

Quote:
DYK you has rep points.
Thanks, I guess.

Old 04-16-2009, 08:42 PM   #33
Tula_Montage
Mike, the rep system is pointless. Therefore your thread is pointless. And thus, it has provided cs.com with yet another usleness non informative chit chat thread. Whooooo!

Old 04-16-2009, 08:46 PM   #34
Roy Munson
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike17l View Post
It should be a non-issue, but then you see posts, that are completely pointless, saying "rep me now". Rather frivolous and add absolutely nothing to the site. Mindless chit chat like that should be kept in the social groups or in chat, or at the very least in the DYK thread. IMO.
I actually don't disagree at all. I discourage, and do not like threads that are member-specific. I realize that Wade's thread (let's not evade the actual thread in question) was meant to be fun, but I don't think it was appropriate in the general forum. He was just having fun, so I don't think it was a crime against humanity or God(s), but I don't like those kinds of threads. I actually considered merging that thread INTO DYK, but I was uncomfortable doing so based solely on my preferences. Thankfully, a potential judgement error on my part in this area has next-to-zero impact on anyone's real life. I'll sleep tonight.

Old 04-16-2009, 08:58 PM   #35
Maize411
I believe rep should be earned as they were intended to be but at the same time I don't see any harm in having some fun once in a while...just my opinion..

Old 04-16-2009, 09:04 PM   #36
Roy Munson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maize411 View Post
I believe rep should be earned as they were intended to be but at the same time I don't see any harm in having some fun once in a while...just my opinion..
Great! Maybe you can assume the responsibility of determining and enforcing that fine line!

Old 04-16-2009, 09:08 PM   #37
El Jefe
Rep Points Shmep points.

High post counts....I don't friggin care.

True knowledge/opinion written in a well thought out manner....priceless.

Old 04-16-2009, 09:11 PM   #38
ghosthousecorns
You know what, I just noticed Dean has 3 points to go to get to 10K and I believe he deserves to be over that number more than anyone else who is, if for nothing more than just for putting up with us. I am gonna rep him now if the system lets me.

Old 04-16-2009, 09:19 PM   #39
wade
Elle, I tried to rep you but I have spread too much rep in the last 24 hours. I try to hit you up tomorrow. I know, I know, I said it on purpose.

Mike, you are a relatively young man by my standards. You have a lot of life left to spend it being angry and mad at the world. Take some time to smell the roses and get really angry about something that matters.

CS.com is a great site and many people come and go here every day for many reasons. There are other sites where nothing but snakes are being discussed. You and I both know it because we’ve been there. You can ask a question and come back three weeks later to get the answer.

There must be some aspect of this site that you enjoy. Go there, read what is said and be happy. Don’t go to the threads that upset you. Life is good Mikey, don’t let it get you down.

Jen, I like you and I am sorry if you felt I was out of line last night. I was making light of something that you apparently felt was serious. I am sorry if my screwing around upset you, I am afraid it will probably happen again. It’s the nature of my beast.

And to both Mike and Jen, I think it is entirely inappropriate for an open forum of this nature for you to call a spade a spade.

Old 04-16-2009, 09:23 PM   #40
Maize411
Nah that's ok dean your doing a bang up job yourself on the matter

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google