CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Other Animals and Related Items Wanted
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Other Animals and Related Items Wanted Any other types of animals, plus caging, feeders, etc, WANTED can be posted within this area.

thayeri female

Old 11-10-2012, 07:05 PM   #11
colubridcando18
That is correct & I concure .... but all make their own decisions and I totally respect that, as I hope they would respect mine. As far as thayeri .... there are three phases which may have varying amounts of coloring or markings depending on lines, but no known amelanistic in pure lines ... just leonis, milksnake, and black.

Old 11-10-2012, 07:11 PM   #12
colubridcando18
HeavenHell ... your price for Hansens Black (Melanistic) Thayeri sounds right in line as to what pure/proven lines would be.

Old 11-10-2012, 07:57 PM   #13
HeavenHell
Wink

Yeah Robert produces some real nice animals.

The melanistic thayeri are kind of cool but if you want a black snake you can get a MBK a whole a lot cheaper; and breeding a melanistic seems to take away some of the variability you might otherwise get. Variability is what makes this species of king special.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:06 PM   #14
colubridcando18
I hear you... I really love the leonis I get and my adults are amongest my favorite snakes. I do have several MSP I like as well, but there is just something about those saddles, bands, and pinstripes in the Leonis I just love. As far as black snakes .. I have and breed black milksnakes and they are very cool too ... lol!

Old 11-11-2012, 03:54 PM   #15
endrin
Oh cool, i had no idea that there was no albino thayeri. Are they endangered?

Old 11-11-2012, 04:03 PM   #16
HeavenHell
I'm not sure if they are on an endangered list or not. Legal exports of live snakes from Mexico were halted in the 1980's

Old 11-11-2012, 04:36 PM   #17
endrin
Might have something to do with lots of drugs arriving with the snakes? lol. Im dying to get a female for him, but i cant seem to find any i like ( im picky when it comes to a mate for him) I have bred him to a blairs and got one male and one female to hatch out over the past 3 years.... the male is 2 now and big and beautiful. My male refused to breed with anything else but the blairs...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google