CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

My poor boy regurged.

Old 12-02-2014, 05:41 AM   #1
stormcorn1
My poor boy regurged.

My snow corn storm regurged last night for the first time ever. I have never had a snake regurge before. Just want some basic info on what my next steps are... i no the main things. .

Old 12-02-2014, 06:05 AM   #2
Nanci
How big is he? Do you know what caused the regurge, e.g. temps, fed while blue, handled, prey too big?

The basics are skip the next feeding. This essentially gives the stomach a rest for a period of 10 days or longer, depending on the age of your snake and the feeding schedule. Get Nutribac probiotics. For the next meal, feed a prey item half the size of the prey that was regurged. Put Nutribac on all meals for the next few months. (It's okay to rinse your snake under room temp water if he gets sticky while eating. He'll hate it the first couple times, then he won't care at all.) Very, very carefully increase the prey size until you're back up to the size he normally eats. Don't feed if the snake is blue.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google