CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

where to buy pinkies

Old 11-16-2014, 05:10 PM   #31
Galataya16
I was buying from petco. The three for 5 dollars was a lot. I ordered from TSK feeders and even with shipping I saved so much. The pinkies through them were so small I feed three for my 19 and 23 gram babies. Quite a difference from the pinks to the fuzzies. But they are such a better quality then petcos were and shipping was about $30 dollars but like I said, in the long run it saves so much. I think it was about 1.20 a pinkie. I have no one here to go in with though and our only options are petco and petsmart.

Old 11-16-2014, 05:10 PM   #32
Galataya16
1.20 savings **

Old 11-16-2014, 10:44 PM   #33
crzymom2grl2by
They've been together since I got them. I think about 2 weeks. I it my new viv set up today. My family makes me mad. They think it looks bad to have 2 tanks in one room. Well our house is small and there's no where else. I was also worried about premature breeding if they turn out to be one of each. I'll post pix soon.

Old 11-16-2014, 10:57 PM   #34
flamekitty84
ive got two tanks..and the one is huge for my big snake. we live in a condo so its rlly small here..
but its better to b safe than sorry. especially with snakes...theyre precious and not to mention some r expensive
cant wait for pics c:

Old 11-16-2014, 11:04 PM   #35
Galataya16
Oh no! I don't think two in the same room is bad. Heck, technically I have three (the beardie's tank is in the same room also). My plan is to either get a shelving unit or stacking vivs. All my tanks will be themed and I really love the two I set up now (still need to do the beardie's but have ideas lol) and have a couple other plans for future snakes vivs also. But they will more then likely all always be in the same room. If it were up to some of my family I wouldn't have my babies. They hate them. But I love and adore them so much, I don't care what they think. My cousin, who is one of my best friends, said she'd never come over anymore if I got a snake regardless of where it was and how it was kept. There are many others that have told me the same thing. But I have them anyway and I love them. Nothing wrong with having two vivs in the same room. Look on the DIY thread, most seem to be.

Can't wait to see photos!! Bet they are gorgeous!!

Old 11-16-2014, 11:14 PM   #36
flamekitty84
omg!! how can anyone hate corn snakes???? 'hate' and 'corn snake' should never be in the same sentence...they are harmless and who couldn't love those big round eyes???
as long as u respect them, they will respect u and all will b well in the world

Old 11-16-2014, 11:30 PM   #37
Galataya16
Most people I'm around are terrified of snakes in general. Kind of sucks because I don't really have much locally for snake enthusiasts. I know there are some and my little brother has a columbian red tail boa he just got but he's the only one I know personally in this area that not only likes snakes but has one. There are probably a few more then I know but there really isn't any way or people here that connect on that level. We need a reptile show lol. So jealous of people who have them near them!! Where are you located flame?

Old 11-16-2014, 11:43 PM   #38
flamekitty84
im in Maryland US. I think they hold shows here in Baltimore which is like 30 min from me, but the next show isnt until like january :c I was going to wait to get a new baby until then but I couldnt wait that long haha
im trying to get my sister used to snakes so she can hold mine. I think she secretly wants to but wont tell me
other than her, I have no one around that likes snakes let alone has one :c its quite sad considering they are great animals to have

Old 11-17-2014, 12:06 AM   #39
Galataya16
I think one of the biggest things with fear of snakes is lack of education. My husband was very anti snake. We have a zoo and a multitude of critters but he said he wasn't comfortable with a snake in the house. We got a bearded dragon and she seemed to change his mind about reptiles because my third anniversary present was a snake. He was creeped out by them at first but was interested and now he adores them also. Not quite as much as I do but hey, sure made progress lol. Others are totally against them because of religious purposes. Couldn't even count the times I've been told I have the devil in my house and how snakes are pure evil.

I'm jealous you have a show about half an hour away. The closest show I have is six hours away. I'm sure you'll meet some awesome, local, people if you go to the show. Sometimes I wish we lived in Arizona, seem to have an amazing network and a great group of friends there lol.

Old 11-17-2014, 08:17 AM   #40
crzymom2grl2by
That is so ridiculous that someone would say snakes are evil. God created them and he doesn't create evil. Just because satan came in the form of a serpent in the garden of Eden doesn't mean they're evil. What if he had come in the form of a puppy or kitten? Then I guess these same people would say they're evil. :/

This guy uses his to teach about purity at church, pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BIOy_rKtFQ

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google