• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Housing snakes together - my very, very long opinion

Aight im not gonna be like for this one...YES corn snakes are awsome and amazing snakes not to mention good pets...But i serioulsy think that some of you people are a little obsessive wit these things. just my opinion

I see how this is gonna go. Im not going to get into a flaming war with you. I know what I know and its not just about Corns. Spending my weekend arguing with a know it all teenager is not my idea of entertainment. You come in here post a couple of times and throw insults left and right. You keep your snakes your way and Ill keep mine the way I have learned be it all in a year or not. Get in touch with me in a few years if that teenage know it all attitude keeps you out in the general public long enough and well see how eachother are doing. Have a great day! and Use your brain before your mouth next time!
Joker
:twoguns: :sobstory: :twoguns:

Packerfan4 said:
yup...snakes at age 3. problem?

Oh my! That IS impressive. Tell me, when it came time to feed all these snakes you had as a baby, did you have to push your highchair over to the freezer to get the mice out, or would your mother do it for you? And, I expect they set up a step-stool by the tanks so you could reach in there to care for/clean after them? I'm sure it took a lot of time out of your day, between naps, Romper Room, and your Lucky Charms... You really are a marvel! Keep up the wonderful work! Your snakes are so lucky to have someone that dedicated.

Packerfan4 said:
=Joker

12 years i've been keepin them...ur a dumb one

Let's see....you're 17...you got your first snake when you were 3....but you've been keeping them 12 years?

And Joker's the dumb one??

Wilder.... :laugh01: :roflmao:

Oh boy...this is getting good!

No it isn't.

This WAS an interesting and informative thread on a contentious subject, started by one of the world's foremost experts on Corn Snake husbandry. It has descended into a juvenile bickering session that is an embarrassment to this community - and I'm including everyone here, probably even this post.

It wouldn't surprise me if Kathy's packed up and gone home - and we deserve it as well.

Everybody, regardless of actual age, needs to grow up and realise a good thing when they see one. When did any one of you ever have such easy access to such knowledgable people? Kathy, Rich, Don and many others..... But you just throw it back in their faces. So much for the theory that we're only here because we care about our Corn Snakes. I was obviously being far too generous. Some of us are just here to massage our egos and prove that we know more than the next person.

OK. DING DING, Round Two kiddies, off you go. Try not to scratch each others' eyes out while you're rolling around in the dirt like toddlers.

Just for the record - in case anybody hadn't noticed - I'm disgusted.

Wilder said:
Oh my! That IS impressive. Tell me, when it came time to feed all these snakes you had as a baby, did you have to push your highchair over to the freezer to get the mice out, or would your mother do it for you? And, I expect they set up a step-stool by the tanks so you could reach in there to care for/clean after them? I'm sure it took a lot of time out of your day, between naps, Romper Room, and your Lucky Charms... You really are a marvel! Keep up the wonderful work! Your snakes are so lucky to have someone that dedicated.

okaaaay, now little missy has something to say now,
joker ~ that last post of yours was a good one. lol
wilder ~ your post above ~ lmao! just brilliant. and yet so true.
howiet ~ i completely agree with you it certainly is getting amusing
JT ~ nicely pointed out. :D

im sorry peeps but i just had to say that i agree with everyone here, i also think that our little troll needs to learn how to spell properly too.
HAHA, thanx for the laugh packerfan4!!
:cheers:

and Kel, this part of your post right here ~
"OK. DING DING, Round Two kiddies, off you go. Try not to scratch each others' eyes out while you're rolling around in the dirt like toddlers."
amused me very much i have to say.
:D

Kel said:
No it isn't.

This WAS an interesting and informative thread on a contentious subject, started by one of the world's foremost experts on Corn Snake husbandry. It has descended into a juvenile bickering session that is an embarrassment to this community - and I'm including everyone here, probably even this post.

Just for the record - in case anybody hadn't noticed - I'm disgusted.

Yes it is Kel...It's a joke!

I have only been with these forums since October, but this thread and ones like it, have been a bunch of bickering back and forth! I know just about everyone is getting fed up with it, including myself! It's only a certain few that have been doing it!

You know...it's your snake.....people come here for advice and thats great...Some people will house snakes together, some won't. It's the way it's always going to be...It's their choice either way! They know the risks, the possible dangers etc. They may also never have a problem with housing together.

All I know is this is getting old real quick and I appoligize as well to Kathy for some of the posters lately....

I still dont see what the point of this fude is i mean if it is your snake do as you will... im not gunna shove information down your throat until you change your mind and most of us are strong and confident in our knowledge, so you are not gunna change someones idea with a post that is making people angry, there are sever stubborn people and there is no reason to attack them becaseu they have clashing ideas with you, i sjut say we either get along or put an end to his thread, i would personally like to see us get along and begin to agree with each other, even though this can be amusing to read you attacking others, you come up iwht some good information, why odnt we aim that for helping other people???? :noevil:

I don't mind the competition of ideas. In fact I enjoy it. In the absense of disagreement there is only dogma and nobody learns anything. Healthy competition is a necessary and important part of growth. This place is great for that.

The only problem I have is with pathological liars with made up credentials, like packerfan4 and cornman1979 or cornboy1980 or whatever other fictitious name he is using today.

I do agree with you it is good to have to defend your point but some of the stuff people are comming up with i souta hand and it should not be said other that that i am fine wiht it, it brings more attention to the thread, and makes it more improtant because you know you have to try to get your point across. :cool:

Serpwidgets said:
I don't mind the competition of ideas. In fact I enjoy it. In the absense of disagreement there is only dogma and nobody learns anything. Healthy competition is a necessary and important part of growth. This place is great for that.

The only problem I have is with pathological liars with made up credentials, like packerfan4 and cornman1979 or cornboy1980 or whatever other fictitious name he is using today.

Serp, of course competition of ideas is great, we always learn something from it, but this thread has gone past competition of ideas to mindless bickering, trying to catch eachother out and personal comments that have nothing to do with the original thread. I think Kel is right here, it's NOT getting good.

Can someone please direct me to the corn snake forum?

make up their own minds on whether the risk justifies the benefits.

This qoute from Kathy sums it up pretty well.

Can you? Yes.
Should you? It's your decission.

Do I? Yes, hatchling clutchmates.
Why? Because I don't have the facilities to house all of my individual hatchlings.
Do I keep all hatchlings together? No, I don't house snakes together that I'm unwilling to risk.

Some survive:
cannibal2

Some don't:
cannibal3

These were none feeding clutchmates in both circumstances.

I have had other mouse feeding clutchmates attack each other ocassionally.

Good God...most of you on here are over 30...DO YOU NOT HAVE A LIFE BESIDES GETTING ON THE NET AND TALKIN ABOUT SNAKES...no offense but you ppl need to get out more...Have any of you ever heard of FOOTBALL or sports in general???LEARN TO LIKE THEM AND MAYBE YOUR LIVES WILL SEEM MORE FULL. it has to be pretty damn boring waking up every day and playin with snakes. peace

Back