• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New server status check?

Thanks for the heads up Rich, hope we don't lose anything while we're offline! Have you any idea how long we'll be down for??

Beats me. I get one thing fixed then then another one goes on the blink. Now none of the ads from my FaunaAds engine are showing up on any of my sites.

Today would have been an EXCELLENT day to really start my retirement on some deserted island somewhere. :headbang:

I'm having an issue with seeing the home page. It wont load. In order to see any of the forums I have to use the search function to get me there. I've tested other sites to see if it's just my computer or internet and all the rest are working fine. Not sure what the issue is. LOL :shrugs:

Ooops..I see some others are having the same problem. Sorry for the repeat post. :)

I'm having an issue with seeing the home page. It wont load. In order to see any of the forums I have to use the search function to get me there. I've tested other sites to see if it's just my computer or internet and all the rest are working fine. Not sure what the issue is. LOL :shrugs:

Ooops..I see some others are having the same problem. Sorry for the repeat post. :)

That should be fixed now. Are you still having that problem? If so, you may have to close and reopen your browser or perhaps even reboot your system to clear the cache.

RICH, I can see you, I can read what you have written. Oh God, I missed you soo much!

OK gang, I had to read the riot act to all of the server guys involved with this server we are on. I send an ultimatum that this sucker needs to be running 100 percent green lights or I was pulling the plug and rolling back to the old server. Deadline is midnight tonight EST. Then I went and sat down with the wife and watched a couple of old reruns of Seinfeld on DVD.

When I came back, had a bunch of emails and it appears that things are running MUCH better here now. Front page here loads quickly, members can upload photo attachments, and the FaunaAds banner and text ads are all working. Spell check is working and even chat on FaunaClassifieds is working now as well. Just have to get chat working here and hopefully things will finally be running smoothly.

So anyone seen anything odd here or something not working like it should? Now is the time to tell me as the clock is running out on keeping that old server available. I may have already passed the time when I can dodge paying the monthly bill on it as it is. But I needed that backup just in case I had no choice but to roll back to it in panic mode.

So let me know, please....

Thanks for being patient with all this, btw.

Since it has started working again (when the homepage started to load again) I have not experienced any problems :)

That should be fixed now. Are you still having that problem? If so, you may have to close and reopen your browser or perhaps even reboot your system to clear the cache.

Every thing is "A OK". Running like a charm now. :)

Apparently the chat code was gumming up the works here. It was still linked to the old server. So when the old server dropped off line, the code tried HARD to reach the server and then gave up after three minutes of trying. So yesterday when I had my server guy resurrect the old server because I thought we would have to be rolling back to it, then the problem went away. So today when I cranked up my computer and checked here, that 189 second delay was back again. On a hunch I checked, and sure enough, the old server was off line again.

So I went and set up the chat system install, and asked my programmer to change the IP address in that code line from the old server to the new one. And BINGO! Problem fixed. And the chat system is now operational as well. So that killed two birds with one stone.

Hopefully we are out of the woods now. I hope so, because the old server is probably gone for good anyway.

Darn I hope it is a LONG time before I have to do another server move. Even having my server guy do most of the grunt work, it's still stressful as hell...

** Well ALMOST out of the woods. I'm still getting an intermittent failure when I try to run the spell check. ** But I can live with that, I guess.

Thank you for all the hard work, I'm finding things running really smoothly now, and I believe quicker than before the move :)

I never use the spell check function on here, the last time I tried it, it didn't like the British way of spelling some words ;) So I just open a word processing doc and type in what I'm unsure of, that does the trick for me :)

Thanks again Rich! Now go and get some R & R in, you deserve it :)

My "New Posts" isnt working... it says there were no new posts since I logged out this morning but I know there were.... :eek:

I'm having trouble with the "remember me". Normally, I can come back after leaving my desk and hit "new posts" but now when I do it, I have to log in because the site doesn't recognize that I'm still logged in. Also, before I could close it, and then open a new window and come back to cornsnakes.com and I would still be logged in, but I'm not anymore. I know I didn't change my settings or anything.

First off, try to make sure that your URLs in your browser are being consistent with the "www." prefix on every URL. I believe we had this problem before where it turned out this was causing the problem. Jumping from one URL that was like "http://www.CornSnakes.com/....." to one like "http://CornSnakes.com/..." was enough to get the cookies confused.

First off, try to make sure that your URLs in your browser are being consistent with the "www." prefix on every URL. I believe we had this problem before where it turned out this was causing the problem. Jumping from one URL that was like "http://www.CornSnakes.com/....." to one like "http://CornSnakes.com/..." was enough to get the cookies confused.

That seems to have fixed it. Normally I type the www.cornsnakes.com, but must have forgotten this go round.

Other than the slowness and the homepage not loading.. Which was a couple days ago.. I haven't had any problems. Things seem to be running faster now! Glad you didn't pulll your hair out to much.

Back