CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

Hagalaz & Ansuz

Old 10-22-2016, 02:06 AM   #11
kdickens
Cute little one's! As far as 'poop' is concerned:
Quote:
About the poop, at least it is tiny poop
says DollysMom ... because she has Mandy who is a bit larger!

Old 10-25-2016, 12:25 PM   #12
RubikAce
Mr. H decided to finally shed and was very offended that I dug out the camera instead of giving him food right away He's a tough one to photograph as he never stays still for more than a nanosecond (whereas Ansuz will sit still on my hand like 'Yes, hello, I am cute'). And in general he wants nothing to do with anyone. But here he is nonetheless, all nice and bright :P

Old 10-26-2016, 07:55 AM   #13
axis1
Extremely cute little sneaky ones! Thanx for sharing!

Old 01-15-2017, 08:28 AM   #14
RubikAce
Both of these guys have grown so much since the last time I posted pictures of them. Ansuz is starting to look like a snake rather than an earthworm, and Hagalaz has grown out of his baby-faced stage

Old 01-15-2017, 10:02 AM   #15
kdickens
Very pretty! Nice pics. They do grow pretty quick, don't they?

Old 06-14-2017, 09:44 AM   #16
RubikAce
It's been a while, hasn't it? :P

Both of these guys are growing really well. Ansuz is as curious and friendly as ever, and has had quite a growth spurt after moving on to bigger mice. She'll be moving to a bigger tank as soon as the supplies I ordered arrive.
Hagalaz has become a lot more outgoing than he used to be, and will even occasionally climb up my arm on his own if I reach into his tank. At this point, though, I say 'he' with quite a bit of uncertainty; haven't gotten him sexed yet since I haven't been able to find someone to do it for me, but his tail has been taking a lot more feminine shape as he's grown It's quite likely that I have a Ms. H instead of Mr. H after all.
Unfortunately Hagalaz currently has either a respiratory infection or severe respiratory irritation. He's been wheezing and crackling pretty bad, but has otherwise been as active as always, and had a voracious appetite last night as I fed him. I've been so far treating him at home and he seems to be slowly improving. I recently got a new bag of substrate that was unusually dusty, so I have a sneaking suspicion that that might be the cause for his sniffles. Just in case I'll be going out tomorrow to get a bag of alder chips that I know for a fact are completely dust-free.
Anyways, sorry to completely bore you to death with a wall of text :P Here are some pics for your troubles~

Old 06-14-2017, 10:39 AM   #17
DollysMom
They are beautiful! I hope Hagalaz feels better soon.

Old 06-15-2017, 01:27 PM   #18
RubikAce
DollysMom: I checked up on him earlier today while doing regular cleaning stuff, and he only gave a single sneeze the entire time. Just a couple of days ago he was basically crackling with every breath, so it does look like he's getting better!

So, a little update on them in general: Ansuz moved into a bigger tank today! I also did some additions and adjustments to the setup (lights, thermostat, etc) so I think everything's FINALLY done. Here are couple of pics of my setup, Hagalaz resides in the bottom tank and Ansuz on top (because, you know, you're supposed to give the top bunk to your younger sibling ). I do apologize for the horrendous mess of wires, but I can't be arsed to deal with it today :P

Old 06-15-2017, 01:36 PM   #19
DollysMom
I am so glad Hagalaz is doing better.

Your tanks are lovely. The vines add so much to the eye appeal and also give your snakes good cover. I love the many and varied hides, too. Well done. I'm sure they are happy in those luxury homes!

Old 06-15-2017, 01:49 PM   #20
RubikAce
Quote:
Originally Posted by DollysMom View Post
I am so glad Hagalaz is doing better.

Your tanks are lovely. The vines add so much to the eye appeal and also give your snakes good cover. I love the many and varied hides, too. Well done. I'm sure they are happy in those luxury homes!
Thank you! They do seem to really like them. Hagalaz' does look a little bare in comparison since I'm still waiting for a couple of things to arrive in the mail. And I was expecting Ansuz to go into hiding for a while, but instead she's been cruising around with the confidence of a King Cobra

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google