CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Should you keep 2 corn snakes together?

Old 08-18-2017, 01:25 PM   #11
Em.Mo.Clark
I honestly think it depends on each snake. When I first got Brego, he was living with two others. They got along just fine and I actually felt really bad about separating him with this one that he seemed particularly familiar with. Some snakes might do better cohabiting than others. It's really up to each owner to determine whether or not their snake is up for it or not. But it definitely can be done with some snakes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 08-18-2017, 01:35 PM   #12
Patmart
They both seemed to like each other
Yesterday I got zusee out left George where he was cos he is getting ready to shed
Anyway when went to put her back George was waiting for her
It's lovely to see
Pat x

Old 08-18-2017, 04:10 PM   #13
Dragonling
Cohabbing opposite sex juveniles who will eventually mature is completely irresponsible, unless you have some kind of death wish for your female. The youngest female I've seen lay was 70g and could not lay without assistance. It's a wonder she survived.

Old 08-19-2017, 12:54 AM   #14
Shiari
Snakes do not have the part of the brain that mammals have that causes feelings of affection. They literally can't be fond of you or each other.

Old 08-19-2017, 05:53 AM   #15
Patmart
I am going to get them probed so I will know for sure and if they are a boy and girl
I will separate them
I love my snakes I would never put them in danger
Pat x

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 08-19-2017, 05:58 AM   #16
Patmart
May be they don't have that kind of brain but I know what I saw
There are probably lots of reasons why George was there waiting for him/ her
But it's nice to think he/she was waiting
I don't think of them like a dog or a cat
They are snake and I do treat them as snakes
I love them both
Pat

Old 08-19-2017, 08:44 AM   #17
DollysMom
I believe that cohabbing is so that a human can have more than one corn snake without the space and expense of a separate enclosure and is of no benefit to the snakes involved. If I couldn't maintain separate quarters I wouldn't have more than one snake. I can't tell anyone else what to do, but I'll never do it.

Old 08-19-2017, 03:05 PM   #18
Patmart
Thank you all for your opinion I am great full and when fine out what sex they are I we keep them together or if they are boy and girl I will definitely separate them
Pat x

Old 08-20-2017, 01:44 AM   #19
Shiari
Two males will also fight. And you can't guarantee you have two females until they *both* lay eggs. Many a 'pair' of females has actually turned out to be a male/female pair.

Separate your snakes. It's best for *them* and that is what should be most important to *you*.

Old 08-20-2017, 05:58 AM   #20
Patmart
Yes I agree after all your advice I am going out tomorrow to get another viv
Thank you all for you advice
I do love my snakes I don't want to breed them I am NOT in it for the money
I have always wanted a snake but life would not let me but now I am 61 years young I can have what I want now
I only thought of having 2 snakes is
When I went to our pet shop a chap in there was saying he has 4 yes 4
Corns in one viv
So I thought maybe 2 would be ok
Pat x

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google