CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

View Poll Results: Where do your corn snakes poop most of the time?
In their enclosure 6 85.71%
On the floor 1 14.29%
On the bed or other furniture 0 0%
On you or another person 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Where do your corn snakes poop most of the time?

Old 07-02-2017, 08:56 PM   #1
DollysMom
Where do your corn snakes poop most of the time?

After cleaning the floor twice today, I wondered if I'm the only one whose corn snakes poop out of their enclosures more often than in. I decided to develop a poll. This is just for fun. If you answer "other" please post telling us where that is.

For the record I don't mind cleaning up. I find the way they poop to be another fascinating part of snake physiology, and I know that they are digesting normally and are healthy when they poop 2 to 3 days after eating (except in shed).

So where do your corn snakes poop most of the time?

Old 07-02-2017, 08:58 PM   #2
nicolefowler2005
Both of mine always decide to wait to poop until I'm holding them!!!! I swear every single time!! If they do happen to go in their cage it's always in the same corner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 07-02-2017, 09:01 PM   #3
DollysMom
Mine go on the floor almost all of the time. I get them out 2 to 3 days after feeding and after a brief trip around the living room, I get a snake present. I'm really good at cleaning it up, too, lol.

Old 07-03-2017, 10:58 AM   #4
Karl_Mcknight
Rufus has never pooped on me. He always poops in his enclosure, about half the time in his water bowl, the other half just about anywhere inside.

Old 07-04-2017, 08:16 PM   #5
kayjaypah
All of my snakes go in their perspective vivs. So far they have never gone on me or the floor. There is however a fist time for everything lol!

Old 07-05-2017, 08:01 AM   #6
DollysMom
It's so funny because mine get down on the floor and 10 minutes later it's snake potty time. Since it's both of them, I figure it's more about me than them. Perhaps the fact that I react like they are dogs who have pooped in the grass, with a delighted "good snakey", may have something to do with it.

Old 07-05-2017, 05:23 PM   #7
Karl_Mcknight
I do think they get accustomed to a certain way or maybe it's a habit.

When I was a kid we had a pet Rabbit. He always pooped in the same corner of the kitchen. Nowhere else. He did that for years. So we started putting newspaper down in that particular corner of the Kitchen and he always went there. He was allowed to run free in the house because "we knew" he would only go in that one area.

I think Snakes probably have their habits or favorite ways too.

Old 07-05-2017, 08:28 PM   #8
DollysMom
No doubt, Karl.

Old 07-07-2017, 08:03 AM   #9
Dragonling
I *knock on wood* haven't been pooped on by an adult corn yet, only babies who I wasn't paying attention to or who are pissed off that I'm holding them. Otherwise everyone poops in their cage.

Old 07-07-2017, 10:06 AM   #10
nicolefowler2005
Wow I guess my snakes just like to poop on me, maybe they are marking their territory or something lol

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google