CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Shedding issues

Old 07-06-2017, 09:02 PM   #11
Scrappyeddie77
What morph is it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 07-06-2017, 09:05 PM   #12
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappyeddie77 View Post
What morph is it

The snake is an Amel.

Old 07-06-2017, 09:43 PM   #13
kayjaypah
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticExotics View Post
The snake is an Amel.

I was told it was an albino. I asked if it were albino wouldn't it be white? They said no not for corns. So what is n Amel? And why do they call them morphs?

Old 07-07-2017, 12:42 PM   #14
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayjaypah View Post
I was told it was an albino. I asked if it were albino wouldn't it be white? They said no not for corns. So what is n Amel? And why do they call them morphs?

Albino is absence of color. These are referred to as albino, or red albino (no black).
Anery are sometimes referred to as black albino.

Amel is short for amelanistic. In basic terms, morph is a variant of the Cornsnakes. Different genetics that make up the colors are called morphs.
Hopefully that makes sense.

Old 07-07-2017, 12:54 PM   #15
kayjaypah
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticExotics View Post
Albino is absence of color. These are referred to as albino, or red albino (no black).

Anery are sometimes referred to as black albino.

Amel is short for amelanistic. In basic terms, morph is a variant of the Cornsnakes. Different genetics that make up the colors are called morphs.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Ok, yes that makes sense, but wouldn't that explanation make Arrie an albino?

Old 07-08-2017, 05:46 PM   #16
Karl_Mcknight
As already stated, "Albino" means Absence of color. Your snake has color. "Amel" (short for amelanistic) is the term used for your snake's coloring (morph).

Old 07-08-2017, 06:59 PM   #17
nicolefowler2005
I'll never forget when I got my first corn (an Amel) the freaking pet store told me she was an albino because she has red eyes!!!! I get a good laugh out of it now though

Old 07-11-2017, 05:34 PM   #18
Scrappyeddie77
I have never seen a clear snake albino is a loose term
Albino is just a defect which use to be used as lacking of black pigments or "melanin" albino still has colors

Old 07-11-2017, 07:54 PM   #19
Karl_Mcknight
al·bi·no
alˈbīˌnō/Submit
noun
a person or animal having a congenital absence of pigment in the skin and hair (which are white) and the eyes (which are typically pink).

key - "absence of pigment"

pig·ment
noun
ˈpiɡmənt/Submit
the natural coloring matter of animal or plant tissue.

Old 07-11-2017, 10:40 PM   #20
Scrappyeddie77
Ok slick if you want to go with google try finding a definition that doesn't talk about hair and snakes I have never seen a snake with hair lol if any albino has a pattern that pattern will show up too
And if you want to talk about a person being albino guess what they get freckles too
And I am sure that some where there is an all white snake with pink eyes maybe a leucistic albino would be
Just saying

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google