• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

What morph do I have here?

Found this little dude at Petco. Nobody was buying him so I decided I'd pick him up and ad him to my collection. Through searching around internet I have yet to find an accurate morph that describes what this little noodle is. Wondering if any of you guys and gals might know?
b9ede1d30198384c71baa6f3749ed9cd.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Cool, thanks guys. This is the frist Colubrid in my collection. I'm more of a python guy so I figured I'd ask around before assuming. I guess paying $30 for this little dude wasn't too bad then ;)

Stripe causes a hypomelanistic effect all on its own. To tell whether its an amber vs caramel stripe, I'd breed it to something homozygous for hypo and NOT het or homozygous for motley or stripe.

Stripe causes a hypomelanistic effect all on its own. To tell whether its an amber vs caramel stripe, I'd breed it to something homozygous for hypo and NOT het or homozygous for motley or stripe.
Ok. What might that produce? Regular patterned caramels or ambers with some stripe or vanishing stripe possibilities in either color?

If you breed it to a known amber with a normal pattern, you'll either get all ambers or all caramel (or ambers and caramels if it's het for hypo) and all the babies will be het for stripe.
If you breed it to just a hypo with a normal pattern, you'll either get all hypos or all normals (or a mix of both if het hypo) het for caramel stripe.

I have my doubts that it's amber. The head pattern looks a touch too dark for hypo. I've noticed caramel tends to have a slight dull green/brownish tint where ambers are typically brighter yellow in hue.

Back