• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Buying frozen in bulk

NyanNyan

Nyeh
I only have one corn and I brought 50 frozen pinkies at a show. Now, when I move up in size and want to buy in bulk frozen online should I go for the 25 or 50? I would only feed one snake, and wouldn't 50 be too much because she might move up from fuzzies? I want to move up to fuzzies when I run out of my pinkies which I have been feeding her two at a time.

Also, after fuzzies, (because I have made the decision to order from The Mouse Factory) they only have bags in 100 weanlings and hoppers before adults! Does that mean I have to order rat pups or something instead of ordering 100, which seems outragous for one snake?

You could always double up on the meal when you have extra of the smaller mice but need to move up.
Such as, 2 pinkys if you want to feed him fuzzies. Just feed extra small ones to pawn off your collection of smaller mice.
With just one corn snake, 25-50 fuzzies would be alright. Although I buy all mine in bulk bulk (250-500) So I may not be much help.
Ryan/Lifesong Photos

Okay, great thanks. I'm still not sure about hoppers and weanlings. Should I buy the rat pups or pinkies to replace the hoppers and weanlings? I really can't afford to buy a bag of 100 hopers/weanlings..

You can always go to a local reptile show and buy whatever quantity you need. If "Chitown" on your profile means Chicago, theres a show twice a month at dupage county fairgrounds. Vendors there sell in bags of 50 or one will sell any quantity frozen you want. Live sellers will sell any quantity of course.

NyanNyan said:
Okay, great thanks. I'm still not sure about hoppers and weanlings. Should I buy the rat pups or pinkies to replace the hoppers and weanlings? I really can't afford to buy a bag of 100 hopers/weanlings..

The problem with moving to Rats is that they may never go back to mice later on. I have 1 snake like that right now. But, if you are worried about buying too many weanlings and hoppers, then go to a show and get the amount that you need.

Also, you might call up the place that you are ordering from and see if they can get you smaller bags. I know that you can get smaller QTY's from other places like Big Cheese rodents, Rodent Pro, American Rodents, and Mice Direct. They may/will be a little more expensive at the smaller qty, but then you only get what you want.

Oh, I didn't know that. .... I wouldn't want my snake to take only rats, but.. i'll have to think about it.

Another option to consider when you have only one snake is a "grow up pack", which will have a variety of sizes sold as one bulk pack. Zach Shepard (Shep151) sells these and he's across the Mississippi in Missouri. You can order them off of his website on this page.

(Not a compensated spokesperson, and I've never used them myself.) :)

regards,
jazz

Back