CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

HATCHLING THREAD (VOL. 3) 2014-2015 Edition

Old 10-26-2014, 12:13 PM   #21
Mitchell Mulks
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve roylance View Post
Here are some Non-Corn hatchlings.

Black Rats - Normal, Leucistic, and Het Leucistic displaying it's incomplete dominance phenotype.
I had no idea they had an incomplete form...very cool!!!!!

Old 10-26-2014, 12:30 PM   #22
Chip
Same here, very neat!

Old 10-26-2014, 12:53 PM   #23
steve roylance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell Mulks View Post
I had no idea they had an incomplete form...very cool!!!!!
I didn't either until a couple years ago when I first bred the adults. I was a little confused when I first saw the Hypo-ish looking babies coming out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip View Post
Same here, very neat!
Thanks Chip!!

Old 10-26-2014, 01:01 PM   #24
Galataya16
Still new to snakes and know little about any others besides corns, so those black rats will be pitch black like the ones in your link when they're older?

Old 10-26-2014, 01:56 PM   #25
Chip
Only the normal one (top right).

Old 10-26-2014, 02:09 PM   #26
Galataya16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip View Post
Only the normal one (top right).
Quote:
Black Rats - Normal, Leucistic, and Het Leucistic displaying it's incomplete dominance phenotype.
Thank you Chip. If I'd have comprehended what he wrote in the post I would have got that lol. Ding dong me lol.

Are there big differences between a rat and a corn? I know they are both Colubrids. Are they as aggressive as I've heard they are?

Old 10-26-2014, 08:02 PM   #27
steve roylance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galataya16 View Post

Are there big differences between a rat and a corn? I know they are both Colubrids. Are they as aggressive as I've heard they are?
They are closely related. The Rats tend to get larger than Corns sometimes 6-7+ feet in length. Average being 5-6.

The line I have from a wild population seems to be very docile, while the Lucy line seems to be a bit more nippy. Nothing a little handling couldn't fix IMO.

Sorry for the late reply.

Old 10-26-2014, 08:14 PM   #28
Aozora
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve roylance View Post
Here are some Non-Corn hatchlings.

Oh, wow! I always loved leucy black rat snakes, but I didn't realize the het for leucy had such a different phenotype. What do they look like as adults?

Old 10-26-2014, 08:45 PM   #29
mikem
Steve, do all het leucistic black rats look like that? I'd like to see an adult too!

Old 10-26-2014, 09:11 PM   #30
steve roylance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aozora View Post
Oh, wow! I always loved leucy black rat snakes, but I didn't realize the het for leucy had such a different phenotype. What do they look like as adults?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikem View Post
Steve, do all het leucistic black rats look like that? I'd like to see an adult too!
The adult Hets look like typical Black Rats. I'll get some pics soon.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google