CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

Mandy the normal corn snake

Old 04-29-2016, 08:30 PM   #31
DLena
I'm with you, Dollsmom, I don't mind an older snake. They are beautiful, too. It's nice to give them a comfortable retirement. Gypsy hangs out with me on my desk while I grade papers or on the couch when I watch a movie... Very companionable.

Old 04-29-2016, 08:51 PM   #32
Tavia
Pretty girl! And I like the name, LOL! (Mine is Amanda but family calls me Mandy) Definitely made is so that I had to click on this thread!

Old 04-29-2016, 09:02 PM   #33
Tavia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLena View Post
Mandy is very pretty, and I love that name. (If I would have had a daughter, that would have been her name - lol.) It looks like she has a butterfly saddle; I think those are especially nice.I was wondering how you knew her age, since she was adopted. Did the surrender people know or is there a way to guestimate? (Like a snake equivalent to checking a horse's teeth) I ask because I have no idea how old Gypsy is; I only know that she is a 964 gram adult.
There really isn't a good, reliable way to tell age but there are a few markers that can be used. Head shape can change a bit in very old snakes and corns tend to darken up a bit as they age, getting a wash of melanin over the whole body, if they are a morph with black pigment. That said, snakes, like people, can age at different rates. So one could actually be older than another but be physically younger than their chronological age. And color can vary so much between individuals that it might not mean much.

I'd take a guess that Gypsy is a little younger than Mandy but that's a bit unfair to say until she sheds.
I'd guess Gypsy to be between 6 to 10 years old from that picture, but that's just a minimally educated guess over the internet, so take it for what it's worth.

Old 04-29-2016, 09:09 PM   #34
DollysMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavia View Post
Pretty girl! And I like the name, LOL! (Mine is Amanda but family calls me Mandy) Definitely made is so that I had to click on this thread!
Thank you!

I had no idea that was your family name, but I love the names Amanda and Mandy. Between the sound and the meaning, it definitely fits her.

So now Clyde has one big sister corn snake and one little sister corn snake!

Old 04-29-2016, 09:13 PM   #35
DollysMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLena View Post
I'm with you, Dollsmom, I don't mind an older snake. They are beautiful, too. It's nice to give them a comfortable retirement. Gypsy hangs out with me on my desk while I grade papers or on the couch when I watch a movie... Very companionable.
I'm so glad you have her. Sounds like she won the lottery in having you as her mom. She really is a beauty.

Old 04-29-2016, 10:21 PM   #36
DLena
Thank you, and I Lucked out big time...she wasn't the Miami BA was supposed to send, but she has turned out to be a wonderful pet. I'm so glad I kept her. You gave me excellent advice back then.

Old 05-02-2016, 09:42 AM   #37
DollysMom
Mandy finished digesting, so I gave her a little excursion around the living room.

The outing got cut a bit short by a good healthy poop that needed both hands to clean up. WTG Mandy.

Old 05-02-2016, 07:16 PM   #38
Karl_Mcknight
sounds like maybe she is ready for "Depends"

Old 05-02-2016, 07:30 PM   #39
DollysMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl_Mcknight View Post
sounds like maybe she is ready for "Depends"
Don't worry Karl, I already loaned her some of mine, lol.

Old 05-02-2016, 07:32 PM   #40
Karl_Mcknight
Have you got a weight on her yet?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google