CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Mice living with snake

Old 06-24-2018, 08:45 AM   #1
Demak5532
Mice living with snake

So I have a wild caught cornsnake that I found at a jobsite about 4 months ago. The snake couldn't have been more than a month old when I found him. Recently he stopped eating everything from frozen mice served every which way, to lizards I caught that he did eat for a while. Now the snake hasmt eaten in a mo th and i just bought 3 live fuzzies and hes just shaking his tail at them and doesnt seem interested. My question is can the mice live in the tank with the snake until they get eaten one night? They have there eyes open but they seem way to small to pose a threat.

Old 06-24-2018, 09:38 AM   #2
Twolunger
I have left peach fuzzies and fuzzies in with hognose when I raised them, but nothing older, like hoppers. It's unusual for a wild caught to refuse a lizard, assuming it's an anole. Hope he starts eating again.

Old 06-24-2018, 12:20 PM   #3
Rich Z
Maybe the snake is going into a shed cycle? Many snakes will stop eating at that time.

Personally I wouldn't keep the mice in with the snake. You really wouldn't want the snake to stop associating the smell of a mouse as food, which constant exposure to could possibly result in.

Old 06-24-2018, 04:07 PM   #4
Shiari
The baby mice are going to starve to death after a few days, which is cruel. Please either return the mice or find a way to humanely euthanise them.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google