CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Morphs

Old 07-09-2018, 05:33 AM   #1
midg8290
Morphs

Hi all, maybe thinking in the far future of breeding my 2 corn snakes, I have a girl which is a albino butter motley and a boy which is an amel motley. Was just wondering what the out come would be??

Meet custard

And flush-rhubarb

Flash gets his name from flash the DC character as he is very quick and rhubarb because it would be custard and rhubarb.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Old 07-09-2018, 05:34 AM   #2
midg8290
Forgot to say, can't say 100% as I have no idea how I'm suppose to find out but custard maybe a hybrid. Not sure with what or even if she is but she looks different from any other corns

Old 07-09-2018, 10:29 AM   #3
Shiari
Custard looks like a very typical butter motley. Who said she was a hybrid?
Bred to an amel motley, you'll get amel motleys and they will be het for caramel.

Old 07-09-2018, 03:42 PM   #4
midg8290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiari View Post
Custard looks like a very typical butter motley. Who said she was a hybrid?
Bred to an amel motley, you'll get amel motleys and they will be het for caramel.
Sorry not sure what het means? And I read this post a while back which had a corn that looked exactly like custard in absolutely everyway. Her head is a lot bigger and has a longer nose than a corn. Everyone on the forum was telling her that hers was a hybrid and like I said, everything about her snake matches mine.

Old 07-09-2018, 05:12 PM   #5
Shiari
Nothing about your snake looks unusual or out of the realm of a corn snake.

A het refers to a heterozygous gene; most corn snake morphs are simple recessive which means they must have two copies of the gene to show the morph. A butter motley is homozygous (2 copies) amel and homozygous caramel and homozygous motley (or motley+stripe but we won't get into that yet) and an amel motley is homozygous amel and homozygous motley. As each parent gives 1 copy of a gene, you need to have genes that match up for a baby to have a morph. Because the morphs in your snakes are homozygous recessive, each parent MUST give 1 copy of that mutant gene. Both snakes give amel. Both snakes give motley. But only the butter gives caramel. So the babies are all amels. And they are all motleys. But they only have 1 caramel gene, so they don't display the caramel morph.

Old 07-09-2018, 07:48 PM   #6
Frank Pinello

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google