• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

What kinds of Digicams are folks using?

Peter

Confirmed Corn Addict
Has anyone used the Sony DSC P30? I heard complaints of sucking batteries like they are going out of style.

I have a sony dsp505v..the battery is ok, better than others!!! but I wouldn´t buy a sony again!!!
it´s not easy to make good pic´s with that camera!!!
i had bevore a olymus 2000zoom this camera had really big problems with the batterys but the makro mode snake pic´s (not the normal pic´s) where a lot better...or it was easier to make good pic´s...
Lavender08.JPG

I use the sony but it´s not that easy!!!
oh, and the red is not so good!!! look here:
sony
Lpyro01.JPG

olympus
Lpyro.JPG

..these are the same snakes!!!

I use a fuji finepix 2800

not bad but still struggle on some of the macro shots

Andy

Attachments

• ghost corn.jpg
    ghost corn.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 184
Wow

Man what a difference in color! I can't believe how big of a difference there is.

yes...the main problem is to make good blood red pic´s.
they all look orange brown!!! just if you have good sunlight the red is like in reallity.
if you make a pic from a really good blood red with a sony the photo will look not so good as if I would make a pic from a bad blood red with a olympus!

OLYMPUS C-2000 ZOOM
this kamera made good snake pic´s but not so good normal pic´s. the battery was empty after 20 pic´s (with flash) - maybe 40 with really good akkus.
with the sony camera you also get an akku pack and a charger...you can use the charger instead of the akku pack...the olympus just came with nothing but the camera!!!
if you don´t have much money the olymus would be ok...it´s 2 years old and must be cheap - if you get one??? If I would buy me a new camera I would try to test it before!!! do you have a friend with a digicam??? you should try a new generation olympus or maybe the best choice a nikon coolpic´s???
not easy to by a digicam!!!

At the store, I really liked the Nikon Coolpix 775 but it is still about two times the money I can spend.

Camera type

I use a Sony Mavica FD91

It belongs to my employer, I borrow it ocasionally. It works real well but is a rather expensive camera. It's several years old now and I'm sure there are some cameras available with just as many options for a better price.

A $900 Sony...

Dunno the model, but it's a really nice one, with the memory stick and USB connection. A friend lets me borrow it every once in a while. I really need to get my own sometime, but I think this year's tax return is going mainly to investments in more corn mutations... (I still need Caramel, Lavender, Motley, HypoB, and a Butterscotch)

You know, since I got my Fuji FinePix S1 Pro, I don't use that Mavica FD91 that I got a while back. What are they selling for these days? Anyone interested in buying mine from me? I paid about a grand for it. If I could get $500, I guess I could live without it. Heck I think I still have the original box and everything.

Hope the WebMassa doesn't kick me off here for posting an ad like this!!

Back