• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Monstrous 6 year old creamsicle

Tracee said:
I could really do with another pair of hands, or an inescapable room to photograph him in, but as I don't have either of those I'm afraid I'll have to make do!

1/ You're really honestly worried about losing THAT mini-alligator? Just follow the swath of destruction! Or the people bleeding profusely from the gaping chunks of missing skin on their legs. . . .

:-offtopic an' I KNOW it!

2/ You too can have your own dog tags.

military style:

http://www.dogtagsonline.com/

military style with logos:

http://www.ballchain.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=SFNT&Store_Code=LOGOTAGS

and my least favorite- Iced dog tags:

http://www.icedoutgear.com/DT01.php

lol cannot wait [all part of a master plan for a new photo set lol!]

It was fairly cool having them done, I was going to have one. But suggested I have too and put that I'm a Diebetic and suffer from Coeliac Disease (As I never wear my necklace with my information in.)
On the other it says:

Marty Warwick
Live Fast
Die Fun

Because I love that slogan lol.

schilsound said:
1/ You're really honestly worried about losing THAT mini-alligator? Just follow the swath of destruction! Or the people bleeding profusely from the gaping chunks of missing skin on their legs. . . .

:-offtopic an' I KNOW it!

2/ You too can have your own dog tags.

military style:

http://www.dogtagsonline.com/

military style with logos:

http://www.ballchain.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=SFNT&Store_Code=LOGOTAGS

and my least favorite- Iced dog tags:

http://www.icedoutgear.com/DT01.php

lol cannot wait [all part of a master plan for a new photo set lol!]
Of course! He'd get scared and lost without his mam! Yeah I guess he'd survive eating the neigbours for a while, but I'll run out of neighbours!!

:laugh: @ 'mini-alligator'. We love all the names people on here come up with to describe him!

Marty Warwick
Live Fast
Die Fun

I like that Marty, never heard the slogan before either. I'll stick with mine for now even though they have got someone else's name on em. They don't go very well with that particular top, but I just like them :)

P5100447.jpg

All blue :(

wow.

i haven't been on these forums long, and mostly I've just been reading-
i'm getting my corn in september and wanted to buff up on the info..... not to mention i love gawking at the pictures of the gorgeous things (I am talking about the snakes, contrary to 90% of the people on this thread, ha)

but that snake is ENOURMOUS!

I decided on a corn for size purposes, maybe I should reconsider! Im sure there's a difference between my boyfriend okaying a tiny juvenile from the snake rescue and agreeing to house a monster like charlie!
I know your snake has an rare case of ENOURMOUS SNAKE-ITiS, but i sure hopw my corn doesnt get that big!

Hopefully, in that rare case, it'll have grown on him by then. (hah!)

I guess i should avoid showing him these pictures (for obviously more than one reason, lol- or wait- maybe the attractive presentation of the snake will sway him!)

thanks for the entertainment, too, this thread was unusually amusing

Roy Munson said:
Aw. Poor Chas. Will he still eat his weekly sheep when he's in blue, or does he refuse? :grin01:
:laugh:
He refused his sheep (and horses also, thank you snake5007!) last week, but methinks it was not due to upcoming blue-ness, rather upcoming randiness. Usually being blue doesn't stop him eating, he does look a sorry state though bless him :(

plasticknives said:
wow.

i haven't been on these forums long, and mostly I've just been reading-
i'm getting my corn in september and wanted to buff up on the info..... not to mention i love gawking at the pictures of the gorgeous things (I am talking about the snakes, contrary to 90% of the people on this thread, ha)

but that snake is ENOURMOUS!

I decided on a corn for size purposes, maybe I should reconsider! Im sure there's a difference between my boyfriend okaying a tiny juvenile from the snake rescue and agreeing to house a monster like charlie!
I know your snake has an rare case of ENOURMOUS SNAKE-ITiS, but i sure hopw my corn doesnt get that big!

Hopefully, in that rare case, it'll have grown on him by then. (hah!)

I guess i should avoid showing him these pictures (for obviously more than one reason, lol- or wait- maybe the attractive presentation of the snake will sway him!)

thanks for the entertainment, too, this thread was unusually amusing
Haha, yeah he's a bit of a beast! I didn't realise quite how large he was until I started taking notes of the weights everyone else's were.

Good call! I wouldn't let your boyfriend see photos of monster corns, might scare him! Just let him fall in love with the wiggly worm sized-ones and then he'll already have grown to love the one you take home by the time it gets gigantinormous :) If it gets gigantinormous.

I find him much easier to handle now than when he was a juvi, so there are plus sides to them growing so large.

:laugh: Yes this thread is definitely that!

oh yeah, i was going to ask- what size viv do you keep him in? or does he get his own room?
I don't actually know what 'gallon' his viv is... (shameful). It's approx 4' by 3' by 2'. Twas the largest I could buy at the time, and I just kept a 'sweater box' type container inside it when he was a baby because I'd done my reading up and didn't want to scare him. He never used it though, 'intimidated' isn't in his vocabulary.

I'm already in talks about a custom made viv which would be quite spectacular :D I'm moving house once again this year (fingers crossed) and I'm thinking a good wall-sized viv would be nice for him!

Joejr14 said:
Still waiting for camo and cowboy hat pictures.

Don't disappoint!
Humblest apologies Joe, but Charles and I are unexpectedly leaving home and the opportunity to take said photographs has not arisen. I shall deliver, eventually.

We've moved house before but he was a baby then, I do hope it doesn't stress him out. Will see you all soon when I'm back on le Tinterweb :(

x

Tracee said:
Humblest apologies Joe, but Charles and I are unexpectedly leaving home and the opportunity to take said photographs has not arisen. I shall deliver, eventually.

We've moved house before but he was a baby then, I do hope it doesn't stress him out. Will see you all soon when I'm back on le Tinterweb :(

x
i take it there won't be any horses in those pics? :sidestep: :grin01:

Hehe. Brilliant. No, I'm afraid there won't :)

We're back!! For anyone that missed us!1

*tumbleweed*

;)

I've been given some "small" rats to feed next. The jumbo mice had stopped being jumbo quite frankly, and I'm sure The Sir does not appreciate this. I'm absolutely terrified of offering one of these beasts to him, but they've met him and reckon he can handle it so I guess I have to try. Gulp.

It's good to be back :)

Tracee said:
We're back!! For anyone that missed us!1

*tumbleweed*

;)

I've been given some "small" rats to feed next. The jumbo mice had stopped being jumbo quite frankly, and I'm sure The Sir does not appreciate this. I'm absolutely terrified of offering one of these beasts to him, but they've met him and reckon he can handle it so I guess I have to try. Gulp.

It's good to be back :)

Good to have you back, Tracee. :) Are these rats that you've been given live or f/t? If they're live, I'd be terrified too. Rats can be tough customers. Even an anaconda hybrid like Sir Chas may have a rough time with one. ;) I know you'll be careful...

Hi Dean :D Yay people remember us. Well..person remembers us :laugh: good person though ;) Get to the point, Trace..

They are f/t. However being rather pathetic as I am, this makes me no less scared! I've got a new feeding container for him, and I'm just going to have to get over my fears and hope for the best. It's feeding day today.

Tried to get a few shots of him in his new home this week, but he didn't like the light on (it was very bright, and I had just woken him up) so very few are in focus. Anyway.

He's not getting any smaller :D

P6220504.jpg
P6220509.jpg

Hi Trevor :) It's good to be back, we missed this place :)

Candachan said:
Wowzers, have you ever thought of breeding that beast???
Ah, this is where you give Trace dilemmas :) On the one hand, he's my pet (and a very good one!) and I never intended to breed him. Or more accurately, always thought I'd rather not take the risk of getting something wrong, or losing him in hibernation, etc etc.

On the other hand, so many herpers tell me it's such a waste to have a 'specimen' like him and not see if breeding him passed on the mutant gene, as it were. A clutch full of monster corns, can you imagine :laugh:

It's always a possibility I guess, but not something I've entertained up til now.

Dean I thought you'd like to know, the feeding was most successful and I don't really know what I was worried about now. He looked at me afterwards, tongue flicking as if to say, "And? Where's the next one?".

Men. :rolleyes:

Tracee said:
Dean I thought you'd like to know, the feeding was most successful and I don't really know what I was worried about now. He looked at me afterwards, tongue flicking as if to say, "And? Where's the next one?".

Men. :rolleyes:
Even with f/t, I could still understand the worry. A rat seems a lot... denser than a mouse. But I doubted he would have a problem anyway. He's looking huger than ever! Glad it went smoothly. :)

Back