CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

I need some help from the artists here..

Old 06-26-2002, 02:21 PM   #21
Hurley
Cool

Old 06-26-2002, 02:51 PM   #22
SilverTongue
I like the Cyan on the blue and I like the White on the Greyblue. Thast is just my 2cp though

Old 06-26-2002, 03:14 PM   #23
Bippy
I like the second set of colors in Hurley's post much better than the first... the straight blue background is ok in small areas (like buttons), but when it fills a good portion of the screen it becomes very hard to look at for any length of time (plus it creates color floaties for a while afterwards).

Anyway, I like the grey-blue-purple background better than the straight blue.

Old 06-26-2002, 04:03 PM   #24
vbgrafx
colors...

well, based on the theory of monitor display colors, (rgb color, or additive/subtractive color) everything you see on your computer screen is a composition of red, green and blue. to create blue, you subtract (or there is an absence of) all red and green. so naturally, when you see a solid blue, solid red or solid green on your monitor it's gonna be difficult on your eyes after a while because it's constant 100% blue light with no red or green to tone it down. then yellow text on this blue background makes it even more difficult on the eyes because yellow is the compliment of blue. being that it's on the extreme opposite side of the color wheel makes yellow the highest contrasting color to blue. all this being said, yellow text on a blue background is great if you want to draw attention to something for a few seconds, to be like "wow, look at me!", but generally isn't used for body text or text that will be read for longer periods of time. please keep in mind, that all of these facts are being used to generate my opinion . to each his/her own.

Old 06-26-2002, 04:39 PM   #25
Rich Z
Color balance is a common problem..

I hear this all of the time, especially in reference to photographs. I can make a photo look completely different on my monitor by adjusting the color balance, saturation, contrast, and brightness. So when I have a photo that looks good on my screen, there is no way to know how it will look on someone else's. In some ways the net is much better getting images to prospective customers, but there certainly is a larger margin of error than sending prints to them through the mail.

Plus some monitors will interact differently than others when adjoining pixels are different colors. Then there are video boards themselves to throw yet another wrinkle into things. I had a computer when I worked for the state of Florida that was probably the cheapest thing they could find. Some sites were completely unreadable because of the way it handled colors. Anything subtle like light blue text on dark blue background was a completely lost cause.

I'll take a look at my color scheme and see if I can find something that works better. Hate to think no one would buy my animals because they HATED my color scheme on my site!

Old 06-26-2002, 07:31 PM   #26
Kevin M
I can read everything fine on the site Rich. However the blue is very overbearing IMO and makes me feel as if Im slipping into a flashback, But that still wont keep me from plopping down my cash for a bunch of corns.

Old 06-27-2002, 11:24 PM   #27
Bippy
You're going to think I'm picky...

...but I don't like the cyan either. It's just TOO bright. I think the cyan is even worse than the primary blue... maybe you could do a muted blue color? One that's not so blindingly bright?

Old 06-27-2002, 11:45 PM   #28
Rich Z
Sheesh...........

How's that? If you don't like this one, the next one will make your eyeballs explode.

You know, you can adjust your monitor somewhat. Maybe you have the brightness/contrast maladjusted.

I learned from trying to get photos displayed properly across the net that you just can't accomodate everyone's monitor settings.

One good thing about this is that I've been wanting to putter around with CSS coding, so I could set up a template and control the colors, fonts, etc, all from a single page. Still have to get that plugged into the cultivar pages, but it certainly does make changes like this a snap to do.

Old 06-28-2002, 02:04 AM   #29
Bippy
Much better...

I like the background color much better now.

Old 06-28-2002, 02:14 AM   #30
Matt L
Rich,
Honestly I didn't see anything wrong with the new color on your site. I even went back and stared at the screen to see if i could blow out an eyeball. Nope both still there! I think your correct about a larger monitor helping at least to some degree.

I don't think anyone here will complain about a Serpenco Forum in here. Why wouldn't you want a plug? You pay for it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google