CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

How long can my Corns go without eating?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-28-2006, 04:21 AM   #1
JimbobW
Question How long can my Corns go without eating?

Hi - I'm new to this forum, and indeed new to the world of keeping Snakes.

I have 2 Corns, and both haven't eaten for a while. From the FAQ on eating problems:

Quote:
Q: Is it normal for my male snake to stop eating in the Spring?
A: Absolutely. Love is in the air, and eating is not the first thing on their mind. It is very common for male snakes to go off feed for several weeks and even sometimes months during the mating season.
How long would this normally last?

Some background on my snakes:

(1) - Male. I bought him last year June and was told he was about a year old. He has always eaten completely regularly with no problems or hesitation at all.

(2) - Female (at least that's what the shop said ... I'm not convinced). She was bought right before Christmas, and was only about a month old. Again, no eating problems at all. We don't have a separate heat mat for her, so she was always placed within a smaller box sitting inside the male's box.

The male snake has not eaten for about 2 months now, and the female for about a month (I've got the exact dates written down somewhere). We wondered if keeping the two snakes close together was "distracting" them ... so moved the female out - but to no effect.

How long before I should get worried (well, I'm worried now, but ...)?

Thanks,

Jim