CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Frozen or live?

Old 10-12-2014, 11:56 AM   #1
laviachris
Frozen or live?

Okay so I've got a baby corn snake I'm not exactly sure how much she weighs but she is about 9 - 11 inches in length. She is currently feeding on newborn pinkie mice. I just want some other opinions on whether it's better the feed her live or frozen.

Old 10-12-2014, 12:21 PM   #2
hypnoctopus
Frozen is much easier for me. Not only can you store them and always have access to them, but it's much nicer for both the snake and the mouse to feed frozen thawed or pre killed. There are lots of threads around here that you can read if you want to get more in depth.

Old 10-14-2014, 03:57 AM   #3
smigon
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnoctopus View Post
Frozen is much easier for me. Not only can you store them and always have access to them, but it's much nicer for both the snake and the mouse to feed frozen thawed or pre killed. There are lots of threads around here that you can read if you want to get more in depth.
Agreed. A live mouse can harm your snake with scratches and bites during the fight, and it is cruel to the mouse to be killed slowly and painfully. I know pinkies are not as much a danger as adults, but if you get started on F/T now it won't be a problem.

Old 10-15-2014, 01:19 PM   #4
Kaylarawrz
Definitely frozen thawed. Easy to store, can buy in bulk, you don't have to have a separate enclosure to house them to breed and such, and no harm comes to your snake as in fights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google