CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Fed Ex Shipping Certification Procedure

Old 12-06-2010, 10:28 AM   #31
Em Wright
I need to get back on this. I started the process a year or so ago, but my rep informed me that I'd have to pay to have my test package shipped so I stopped working on it. I do want to try again though, as Reptiles Express has been having issues with UPS due to SYR related issues and they aren't reliably available for me to ship through. Thankfully I don't need to ship any time soon.

Thanks for posting this Nanci, it will be a big help when I bite the bullet and take care of it for myself!

Old 07-13-2011, 03:27 PM   #32
Christen
I am getting ready to send my test package out and of course everyone that I talk to can't answer this and the number they have for my local rep is a disconnected number but.... It looks like on the test packaging guidlines that the white box that says live harmless reptiles goes inside another box? Or is just the foam panels inside the box good enough?

Old 07-13-2011, 05:05 PM   #33
Nanci
When I sent mine, I just sent the test box. Styrofoam lining is critical because they are going to submit the box to crushing force, which it must withstand.

Old 07-26-2011, 01:33 PM   #34
Christen
Thank you so much for you help!! I am certified. It happened so fast I am still in shock. I went ahead and sent the test pack in another box because I found out that the fedex by me doesn't take in reptiles. Bunch of Girly Girls!! (Kettle calling the pot black, I know) And I didnt want to have to drive if I didn't have to and I didn't want them looking at the box and refuse.

So anyway I sent my package out on a Thursday. They got it the following Tuesday and I had results by Thursday afternoon. By Last night, monday, I had an email from legal that had the docs that I needed to sign and heard back from legal this morning. Not once have I talked to my local rep. Not sure what is going on with that but at least I was able to get it taken care of with out her.

Old 07-26-2011, 01:37 PM   #35
JoannaD
Congratulations Christen. I think I spoke to my rep and that is when she got the papers form legal. I seem to remember mine went about almost as fast as yours. The only glitch I think I had was that it took a few extra days to get me the legal documents and the guy in the packaging department actually helped me out with that.

Old 07-26-2011, 01:39 PM   #36
Nanci
So when you ship, though, you have to label the box correctly to ship it legally. All it has to say, though, is live harmless wildlife. You don't have to say reptile or snake. And you put the scientific name on the label. You don't want to have a delay, or "accident," due to employess not wanting to ship snakes.

Old 07-26-2011, 01:55 PM   #37
Christen
Oh yeah all that was on the test package but the test package was in a regular box. Obviously, I will take a little drive to drop off my snakes when they are real ones.

Old 05-18-2013, 12:50 PM   #38
Jessica29
Hopefully you can help me with this Nanci. I'm hoping to send my test package out today. I know how to pack the inside, and I have my formed filled out. But where do I get the labels and such that need to be on the outside of the box? The box I'm using is one I had a snake shipped to me in. It says LLL reptile then has the word "perishable" with arrows pointing up on all sides and the top says fragile. What else do I need? Thanks.

Old 05-18-2013, 01:26 PM   #39
Nanci
If you look at my sticky, How to Pack Snakes for Shipping, you can see how I label my boxes. I just print the labels on fluorescent paper and tape over them. The Perishable labels came from FedEx. You order them and FedEx delivers them to you.

Old 06-05-2013, 02:58 PM   #40
MotleyMedusa7
thanks for this post-we're working on getting certified with Fed Ex now-the funny thing is we use Fed ex everyday for shipping out of the warehouse,but our normal rep had no clue how to do reptile shipping lol

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
certified, fedex, shipping reptiles, shipping snakes