CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Xbox360vsPS3 opinions please

Old 11-28-2010, 02:43 PM   #1
Nitelion94
Xbox360vsPS3 opinions please

Ok right now I have a pretty old xbox360 that I was gonna upgrade for christmas. But now I was a ps3. So can someone give me some pros and cons or opinions on each???? by the way I am going to use it for Rpg and online Fps the most. Thanks nitelion

Old 11-28-2010, 03:21 PM   #2
krylon38
if you are going to play FPS online i would def keep the xbox 360...the psn seems very weak compared to xbox live...I have both and i only use my PS3 for blu ray and for ps3 exclusive games

Old 11-28-2010, 03:31 PM   #3
Carinata
I don't have time for video games...

Old 11-28-2010, 03:57 PM   #4
Jdog3131
Xbox360 more space, larger comminty,and you don't need to get new games

Old 11-28-2010, 04:07 PM   #5
Nitelion94
but ps3 call of duty its sposed to be smoother

Old 11-28-2010, 04:28 PM   #6
VickyChaiTea
The PS3 has FREE online play! FREE! That alone is a huuuuuge plus, ESPECIALLY for FPS players. It has, in my experience, run a little buggier with some games (Fallout: New Vegas), and waaaay smoother with others (Call of Duty: Modern Warfare). It's odd.

Most games that come out these days come out for both, though there are still a few console specific games. I would look at price, too. Personally, I love the ability to plug in my controller to charge it (PS3) instead of having to buy new batteries (360).

Old 11-28-2010, 04:44 PM   #7
tricksterpup
look at this way, is there any wrong with your old 360??
If not, then why do you need to spend $300 bucks on something you already have and working fine?

Now with the PS3, you can get your Bluray player and a different system all together.
Problem, you will have to get new games and build up a collection there. No problem with that. But the things it has is Wireless, free access to Netflix i believe.
What is amusing, i almost bought a refurb machine. I have no problem recycling. Typically when it comes to pc repair, you get refurbed parts in the long run if you call Dell.
But the prices are different.. if you get a refurb PS3, expect to pay a pretty penny i you want one that steps back and plays ps2 games. The machine is not the slim either.
I am currently a 360 owner and love the system.

Old 11-28-2010, 05:08 PM   #8
Nitelion94
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricksterpup View Post
look at this way, is there any wrong with your old 360??
If not, then why do you need to spend $300 bucks on something you already have and working fine?

Now with the PS3, you can get your Bluray player and a different system all together.
Problem, you will have to get new games and build up a collection there. No problem with that. But the things it has is Wireless, free access to Netflix i believe.
What is amusing, i almost bought a refurb machine. I have no problem recycling. Typically when it comes to pc repair, you get refurbed parts in the long run if you call Dell.
But the prices are different.. if you get a refurb PS3, expect to pay a pretty penny i you want one that steps back and plays ps2 games. The machine is not the slim either.
I am currently a 360 owner and love the system.
Umm mines old and has had a hard life. I did not take very good care of my stuff in my younger days.

Old 11-28-2010, 05:32 PM   #9
ZoologyGirl
Personally I prefer the Xbox360. Though I don't have much experience with psn.

Old 11-28-2010, 09:57 PM   #10
Kanchii
I own an xbox360, but my gf has a ps3. I have to say, although the game selection isnt always as good, the graphics on the ps3 are so much nicer!!! I was watching her play Uncharted2 the other day, which is a game not on the xbox bc the ps3 has better graphics capability. WHat a gorgeous, thorough game it was to simply watch!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google