CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

A couple questions about chicks and quale???

Old 08-14-2013, 07:16 PM   #1
Justine66
A couple questions about chicks and quale???

Hey everybody,

So, with Sirius growing as fast as he is I have been thinking about varying his diet, like by adding chicks or quake to his diet? (I would love to hear peoples opinions on feeding these prey items,)

Soo what I was wondering was at what weight will he first be able to take that size of prey, and can someone, ANYONE please help me find a frozen feeder dealer that sells chicks OR quale??? and ships to ONTARIO, Canada..

prices arnt a huge deal whatever's best for my babies, and I can get LIVE button quale locally but the thought of risking paracites and having to cull them myself just turns me off of it.. any and all suggestions and comments are truly welcome!

Thanks in advance,

Old 08-14-2013, 10:24 PM   #2
Justine66
anybody.. ?

please? lol

Old 08-15-2013, 01:22 AM   #3
lilmike227
I feed quail to my snake she has eatin two and she took her first quail at around 45 grams

Old 08-15-2013, 12:35 PM   #4
lilmike227
I ordered my quail from laynedlabs. It wad the lowest quantity I could find (10) I wanted to make sure my snake would eat it..its about the size of a small hopper. As for day old chicks those are bigger than large adult mice so I would wait on those. Hoe big is your snake?

Old 08-15-2013, 12:52 PM   #5
AliCat37
Just be prepared for large, smelly, and explosive poops after you feed your snake a bird! I have heard that it really gives them some stinky bowel movements, one of the reasons I haven't fed those to mine. Not to mention I like birds too much.

Old 08-15-2013, 01:07 PM   #6
lilmike227
My snakes poop really wasn't that smelly. It was kind of runny though. I use repti bark maybe that has something to do with the odor.

Old 08-15-2013, 03:40 PM   #7
Justine66
he's 135 grams after his last weigh in, so he's big enough for the quale but not the chicks.
and does laynlabs ship to Canada?

Old 08-15-2013, 04:23 PM   #8
Chip
I've fed quail before. In my experience, yes the poop does smell "fowl."

I'll be here all week, please tip your waitress, try the veal, etc.

Old 08-15-2013, 07:11 PM   #9
lilmike227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justine66 View Post
he's 135 grams after his last weigh in, so he's big enough for the quale but not the chicks.
and does laynlabs ship to Canada?
Nope sorry :/ maybe the people with the live quail can put them down for you.

Old 08-16-2013, 03:48 PM   #10
Justine66
hmm.. maybe, I'm honestly more worried about him getting paracites from the qual, its farm raised but I'm sure theirs somethings still alive on it...

looks like mice is all I have.... lol no places even ship chicks or quake to Canada ... very unfortunate

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google