• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

measuring

Chris.Sargeant

Hi guys been looking around but didn't come across anything regarding this so thought I would ask as I'm having trouble with doing this.
Since day one of getting my snakes I've been keeping detailed docs about feeding but know I want to keep them on the size and weight of my snakes the weight part not a problem but I'm having trouble sizing my little critters as they wont stay still to be measured so am wondering if anyone could tell me the best way or any way at all to measure my corns! Thank's in advance.

It helps to have 2 (or more!) people. LOL Then one can hold the snake as straight as possible and the other can measure, but even then it's a fidgety job. If you are working alone, it would probably be easier if the measuring device was rigid, like a yard stick or a tape measure locked open.

It helps to have 2 (or more!) people. LOL Then one can hold the snake as straight as possible and the other can measure, but even then it's a fidgety job. If you are working alone, it would probably be easier if the measuring device was rigid, like a yard stick or a tape measure locked open.

Actually I've found my tape measure to be the easiest, I start at the nose and walk my hands down the snakes body only pulling about a foot straight at a time and then moving to the next section making sure i dont move were my hand was on the tape and snake for the last one. its becomes like a rhythm after a while and the snakes figure out the whole idea lol.

lol. My little corn is easy to measure as she dont move that fast and alot of the time she just sits still on me, But my male is the total opersite hes constantly on the move and when he does stop and I start to measure him I get say half way then he moves and I loose my place everytime. lol.

you are working alone, it would probably be easier if the measuring device was rigid, like a yard stick or a tape measure locked open.

It's easier if it's something soft, like a string or a cloth tape measure. Then you do it like Crimson.Dawn said.

Back