CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Need help ID-ing an orange and whiteish corn

Old 10-08-2010, 10:52 PM   #1
ShenziSixaxis
Need help ID-ing an orange and whiteish corn

So since some cat food was making our cat throw up at every meal, we took that back to Petco. Being the tard I am, I asked to see their corns. I'm checking out a nice amel with lots of zig-zag/aztec marking, as well as what looks like a normal with more marking. Then I see this orange thing and go, "What the fox trot is that?"

So I ask to see it. She, I think, is a bit smaller than the others, but I was absolutely amazed by the colors. She had perfectly formed saddles except for a tiny one on her tail, and those saddles were ORANGE. Not light red (though there was a LITTLE bit of red influence in the color) or anything, light ORANGE. Rather than a gray or other colored backround color, she was WHITE. Not like an amel, WHITE. Not a bright white, but definitely white.

There was a slightly different colored orange on her head spade and on the side saddles, but I swear she was orange and white. I looked at as many pictures of hatchling corns that resembled her on Ian's Viv, and I couldn't find a match. Does anyone have pictures of young corns (hybrids or not) that look like what I described?

Old 10-08-2010, 10:59 PM   #2
wasuslitherin
I would say Candy Cane, a selectivley bred amel.

Old 10-08-2010, 11:00 PM   #3
wasuslitherin
Go down to selectively bred on Ian's Viv. You should see candy cane there.

Old 10-08-2010, 11:16 PM   #5
ShenziSixaxis
Nope. She had some DARK color around her saddles; either very dark red/orange or black, but it wasn't a thick border. She also had a very checkered belly; same color as saddle border color.

I'm certain it wasn't a candy cane as it was orange, not red, especially not dark red. :\

Old 10-08-2010, 11:48 PM   #6
wasuslitherin
There are orange candy canes. And red candy canes..

Old 10-08-2010, 11:52 PM   #7
wasuslitherin
Do a search on here for orange candy canes..
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...nge+candy+cane

Old 10-09-2010, 12:51 AM   #9
ShenziSixaxis
Still doesn't look right. The border on those candy canes that show white were a dark color of the saddle color. And I don't see what color the checkers are on any of those.

OH YEAH! She also had dark eyes; the middle was black and the color around was very dark red. She also had a dark red tongue.

Old 10-09-2010, 02:46 AM   #10
Rdoyle
a pic will help alot

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google