• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

What do you do for a living?

I am a tax manager for a 3rd party payroll provider. Originally from Texas by way of Oklahoma, now on Reno. Country boy on the West Coast.....

I work in a small animal sanctuary, working towards an animal care qualification then onto uni to study herpetology.
Im also a fully qualified commis chef although I dont do that anymore because of the stress.lol

Erm, I work at Cinnabon, trying to get in at one of our local petstores due to a request for people who have handled reptiles, yay experience with lizards, frogs and now a snake, trying to get into college to either teach, become a cop or do the social service thing.

WHOA-WHAT FUN!

Don't think I can beat Darin's, ("Dad says, that no matter what day of the week, I'm still dealing with "Fire Insurance!"), though. LOL

I am retired, Boo!, I know. But, my experiences as a building superintendent, still allow me to help out with projects, hey, keeps me busy. Plus I love it!

Cheers to All!

I'm a research assistant (scientist) at a Marine/Environmental Science lab. It is the same place I got my graduate degree though, so I feel like I am still a student sometimes (until I get my paycheck lol).

When I wake up in the morning I'm an "Internet Communicationist" ... I check and read all my fave forums.

Then I go to school where I'm a high school teacher. Then I come home and I'm a Mouse Herder, Keeper of the Rat Range, and Snake Wrangler, not to mention growing gerbils.

In the summer time I'm a mom (step kids), lifeguard at our family pool, and nursery technician for the snakey kids.

I'm also a mad scientist, mixing my mice in bottles to create the perfect color and texture of mouse during the summer. I'm a photo fiend, snapping and altering photos with abandon... making mythical beasts come to life on my computer screen. I'm an author, working perpetually on my one fantasy novel that will probably never see the light of day, and also working perpetually on a textbook that might indeed be published soon and is used as the text for my high school seniors I teach.

Your time will come Celestine! They don't happen overnight you know. I just finished two more years of schooling for yet another degree so that I can do X-ray. I was working for Albertson's (used to be Lucky Stores) for 25 years. Soooo, once you find out what you want to do, go DO IT!!
And Sasheena. I love Fantasy novels. I'll read it for you!

Thanks.... I wrote it sort of in installments online... it started out as a simple photojournal (for all those manipulated photographs of fantasy creatures) and then it turned into a novel. It needs to be completely rewritten, and I doubt that will ever happen, so it sort of stands as a challenge for the future. I figure if I ever break my leg, I'll rewrite it. :)

Oh and here's one of my photomanipulations... from another time in my life.

Attachments

• taur036.jpg
    taur036.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 65
Over-educated Jack-of-all-Trades.

Archaeologist/Folklorist/Teacher/Philosopher/Bonsai and Japanese garden creator/Breeder and seller of Corn, Black Rat, and Hognose snakes/Drummer/Father.

100% Pinko, Commie, Liberal, Pagan...and political trouble-maker.

My background is public relations. I worked both corporate and agency life in the "spin" world, mostly high-tech companies, but some consumer and public affairs stuff also. After 10-11 years of the job, I began freelancing to be more flexible for my young boys that are 5 and 2. I've been stay-at-home-momming-it since about April but in the process of picking up more projects for the added income.

Since my love is writing, looks like I'll be dipping into grant writing and other projects like this for the time being. Of course, my favorite job is going crazy with my boys! Although places like this help me relate to the adult population!

Recently graduated, so I guess I'm now a Zoologist. Going on to study veterinary nursing in August (prob go in for equine vet nursing).

I'm also a qulaified lifeguard, belly dancer (teach as well as perform) and am going to do an equine massage course at the beggining of July-some lady called Coreen Kelly from Western Montana is doing the course...should be good!

Ps, Mercury...where are you doing the herpetology degree/course??

Back