• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Tessa's new digs

Tessa finally shed and here she is

de937dd38ced6e595ff12bb9f8116a6d.jpg

869281a49143c7026014600f19eec466.jpg

137571515e88a5597e9fff5b4128cb9b.jpg

I was wondering if someone could answer another question for me also? I have noticed with Tessa that if I am handling her and touch any part of her body without her knowing it's coming she kind of flips out like she thinks I'm going to hurt her or something! I'm not sure if this is because she is a rescue or if she's just not totally comfortable with being handled yet? She is the complete opposite of Bella, who loves to be held and is always quite comfortable with it

Nicole

I think it is normal. First, she may just be touchier. Each snake has a different personality. Second, who knows how much or in what way she was handled in her past life. Also, I often find that after not being handled during shed, my snakes have been a little touchier. Just be gentle and patient.

I identify with Tessa. I startle easily. :)

I honestly thought that I had hurt her cause she just jerks her whole body around! It's kind of a most of the time occurrence but like you said I have no idea what she had been through!! I just hope with time, patience, and love she will come out of it and learn that I am not out to hurt her!!

Nicole

That sounds normal. When I first got Rufus I could not touch his head, he would freak out. Now he loves to have under his chin rubbed, and he is very calm and mellow. They just have to get used to you and get to know you.

I'm thinking maybe I should hold her more often but for shorter amounts of time and maybe put something in her tank that smells like me

Nicole

I'm thinking maybe I should hold her more often but for shorter amounts of time and maybe put something in her tank that smells like me

Nicole

Both things are a good plan. Short successful handling sessions are key, and the smell thing definitely can't hurt.

Back