CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Corn Snake Head wobble

Old 05-30-2020, 05:07 PM   #1
Elxia13
Corn Snake Head wobble

My corn snake is 7-8 months old and eats a fuzzy every 6 days.
She is kept on aspen bedding, her under tank heater is set to 80 F and her cool section is house temp (usually between 65-70 F). Humidity is air humidity in OH (usually 40%-60%) and hasn't had any issues shedding.

She had a month or 2 of picky eating when i first got her back in October 2019 (she is my first snake and some of that was my fault), but has been consistent since. No injuries or anything that would cause neurological issues

I took her outside this afternoon and noticed she was doing this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcIWKZQv8C0&feature=youtu.be

It's like a back and forth head wobble. I brought her inside and she stopped doing it.

I think she was just having a new experience with all the smells outside, and since she's due to be fed tomorrow probably searching for noms.

Any other thoughts?

Old 05-30-2020, 11:19 PM   #2
Shiari
All my corns have done this at some point or another. It's not an involuntary wobble. It's a very deliberate movement as they assess a new environment.

Old 05-31-2020, 11:39 AM   #3
Karl_Mcknight
That's called, "Acting like a snake." They all do that.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
concern, head, head wobble, wobble