CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Photography Techniques and Equipment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Photography Techniques and Equipment This forum is for the discussion of technical details of how to take good pictures as well as discuss the equipment used in that pursuit.

Anery photo's...

Old 02-24-2007, 04:22 PM   #1
TandJ
Anery photo's...

I have noticed something, recently taking photo's of Aneries I have noticed a blue sheen to what I seem think is related to the flash.. Anyone else notice this while taking Anery pictures?

Regards.. Tim of T and J

Old 02-24-2007, 04:28 PM   #2
Tula_Montage
Nope? The flash makes my anery brown out

But when photographing babies, sometimes a blue sheen is noticeable due to the very dark pigment.

Old 02-24-2007, 04:49 PM   #3
TandJ
I noticed on one of my aneries that a blue like sheen appeared ( go figure I get a real camera now... ).. In these two following pictures, the blue seems to be there..

But yet on this picutre it does not seem to appear..

The bottom picks on both sets of pictures are off the same animal, which is why I wonder if this is flash issue..

Regards.. Tim of T and J

Old 02-24-2007, 04:59 PM   #4
Tula_Montage
Maybe its just the flash intensity OR the way the light is bouncing off the blue background?

Old 02-24-2007, 05:17 PM   #5
Cegninedorf
Your snake looks like it shed recently...(well, that's my completely neophyte opinion...); when Fritz sheds, for the first few days afterward, he also has the same kind of "holographic" sheen to his head...and then it seems to fade. Sorry for the Vanna-hand-pose (I really have no place to let the snakes have a controlled roaming place for photos...I also really need to move to gain more space!), but this is Fritz recently, in a very plain environment with white lighting...

(I actually was trying to take this side-view kind of photo, though, to be able to really see how the yellow is growing not only brighter but lengthening with his body as he's growing, and because of the rose-colored splot right behind his eyes. I was surprised, because even my 2nd graders noticed it, too...Fritz not only seems to be getting paler & paler, but also more yellow-y...ahh, the wonders of genetics... )

Old 02-24-2007, 08:41 PM   #6
TandJ
Actually the first picture, that girl has not shed for a few monthes.. Just warming up and eatting for now, and has not has her first shed yet since coming up from brumation..

Regards.. Tim of T and J

Old 02-24-2007, 09:16 PM   #7
Cegninedorf
Quote:
Originally Posted by TandJ
Actually the first picture, that girl has not shed for a few monthes.. Just warming up and eatting for now, and has not has her first shed yet since coming up from brumation..

Regards.. Tim of T and J
Then I guess that she's just special. It's a lovely sheen.

Old 02-24-2007, 09:19 PM   #8
Tula_Montage
Tim, when I look closer at the picture, IMO its just iridescence. Theres hints of yellow/red/green beside the blue.

Old 02-24-2007, 10:03 PM   #9
Drizzt80
I'm about 95% sure what you are seeing is the iridiphores . . . you really see it with rainbow boas, that iridescence they give off.

D80

Old 02-25-2007, 12:19 AM   #10
Susan
Agreed...just iridescence. I personally like it when it happens, no matter the morph! It's just more noticeable in the darker morphs.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google