• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Anery photo's...

TandJ

Ole' Stoic Viper...
I have noticed something, recently taking photo's of Aneries I have noticed a blue sheen to what I seem think is related to the flash.. Anyone else notice this while taking Anery pictures?

Regards.. Tim of T and J

Nope? The flash makes my anery brown out :shrugs:

Cimg0548.jpg

Cimg0540.jpg

But when photographing babies, sometimes a blue sheen is noticeable due to the very dark pigment.

I noticed on one of my aneries that a blue like sheen appeared ( go figure I get a real camera now... ).. In these two following pictures, the blue seems to be there..

charcoal2-1-07(4).jpg

galena2-16-07.jpg

But yet on this picutre it does not seem to appear..

graphite1-4-07(6).jpg

galena2-16-07(5).jpg

The bottom picks on both sets of pictures are off the same animal, which is why I wonder if this is flash issue..

Regards.. Tim of T and J

Your snake looks like it shed recently...(well, that's my completely neophyte opinion...); when Fritz sheds, for the first few days afterward, he also has the same kind of "holographic" sheen to his head...and then it seems to fade. Sorry for the Vanna-hand-pose (I really have no place to let the snakes have a controlled roaming place for photos...I also really need to move to gain more space!), but this is Fritz recently, in a very plain environment with white lighting...

fritzfeb07yellowstripenr8.jpg

(I actually was trying to take this side-view kind of photo, though, to be able to really see how the yellow is growing not only brighter but lengthening with his body as he's growing, and because of the rose-colored splot right behind his eyes. I was surprised, because even my 2nd graders noticed it, too...Fritz not only seems to be getting paler & paler, but also more yellow-y...ahh, the wonders of genetics...:) )

:cheers:

Actually the first picture, that girl has not shed for a few monthes.. Just warming up and eatting for now, and has not has her first shed yet since coming up from brumation.. :shrugs:

Regards.. Tim of T and J

TandJ said:
Actually the first picture, that girl has not shed for a few monthes.. Just warming up and eatting for now, and has not has her first shed yet since coming up from brumation.. :shrugs:

Regards.. Tim of T and J

Then I guess that she's just special. :) It's a lovely sheen.

Tim, when I look closer at the picture, IMO its just iridescence. Theres hints of yellow/red/green beside the blue.

I'm about 95% sure what you are seeing is the iridiphores . . . you really see it with rainbow boas, that iridescence they give off.

D80

BRB001m4.jpg

Agreed...just iridescence. I personally like it when it happens, no matter the morph! It's just more noticeable in the darker morphs.

Last edited:
Thank you for the replies.. I appreciate your feed back and comments.. Obviously worthy of consideration...

Regards.. Tim of T and J

Back